i cant play movies no more! help

meschee

Feb 25, 2008
hi all
up until recently i have been able to download and watch movies on my ipod.....now they wont register at all and iTunes says i have no rented movies on my ipod!
why has it changed!

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
hi all
up until recently i have been able to download and watch movies on my ipod.....now they wont register at all and iTunes says i have no rented movies on my ipod!
why has it changed!
Just rented movies or others that you own? did you start watching them and stop? if so they may have auto deleted, cause after you start watching you only have 24 hours to watch. Just my guess..

meschee

Feb 25, 2008
no these are rented movies these are films ive had on my iopd for ages! they are in my iTunes bit wont go into ipod!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Are they rented from iTunes, or did you rent the DVDs and rip them to your computer?

meschee

Feb 25, 2008
they are stuff i have downloaded in an mp4 form, had no problems until recently

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Are they showing up in your iTunes library, and do you have checkboxes next to the movies, as well as next to the appropriate setting in the sync configuration?

meschee

Feb 25, 2008
[yes they are and i can press the sync button it goes to it but doesn't put them on ipod! :(

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Can you show a screenshot of the sync settings for the Videos tab? On mine, when my iPhone is connected, the rented videos section shows up at the top, (of which I have none) then there are TV shows, and at the bottom is the option for me to sync selected movies. I manually added all those movies to my iTunes library, but I have to check them both in the iTunes library list AND in the sync screen for which movies to sync to the phone.

betty0920

Mar 27, 2008
You can download and convert some online movies and synch them to your itune. Maybe it's better.
You can search "flv to video converter" on google.com for more info.
Hopefully it's helpful.