I can't receive picture messages...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sixkilla22

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Perth Amboy NJ
For some reason I can't receive any picture messages.....Whey people send them to me they just don't come. Any ideas?

PS: I know you can't view picture messages on the iPhone. At one point I was able to get picture messages but now they just don't show up.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
For some reason I can't receive any picture messages.....Whey people send them to me they just don't come. Any ideas?

PS: I know you can't view picture messages on the iPhone. At one point I was able to get picture messages but now they just don't show up.
first you can and now you can't. But you know you can't. WTF!

Give it up. No mms. Never was either. You are mistaken.

You are not very clear anyway

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
afaik there's no way u can use picture message on iPhone.as it doesn't supported .neither with mms and sms delivery report.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Definitely no mma on the iPhone. Never has been and might not ever will be. You can get a message that tells you a site to go to and enter a code and then you can view the picture online.

sixkilla22

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Perth Amboy NJ
Definitely no mma on the iPhone. Never has been and might not ever will be. You can get a message that tells you a site to go to and enter a code and then you can view the picture online.
Exactly....I can't even get the message to go to the site anymore. I know you can't view the pictures on the phone itself.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Exactly....I can't even get the message to go to the site anymore. I know you can't view the pictures on the phone itself.

Are you trying to enter the code in Safari on the iPhone? I would suggest trying it on another computer because I can never get my iPhone to load the picture message properly. Also, try using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer if that's the case.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't even get the code. NOTHING comes.

Well that really doesn't make sense. You did say you can send regular SMS right? I would contact AT&T and make sure that somehow receiving them wasn't disabled on your account, though I think that is highly unlikely. You might have to do a restore because I can't think of many things to remedy that problem unfortunately.

sixkilla22

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Perth Amboy NJ
Well that really doesn't make sense. You did say you can send regular SMS right? I would contact AT&T and make sure that somehow receiving them wasn't disabled on your account, though I think that is highly unlikely. You might have to do a restore because I can't think of many things to remedy that problem unfortunately.
Yes I can send and receive text messages perfectly.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
When people send me MMS images they can take anywhere from 2 (fastest) to 9 days (slowest) for me to receive the weblink to view the image. I guess it works, as long as it is nothing you actually need. My wife took a picture of the receipt I had for a reservation at a hotel I was staying at during an event. They did not have record of it, so my wife said she would snap a photo and send it to me (she told me the conformation #) so I could show them. Anyway, the photo arrived as I checked out of the hotel after my weekend stay.

MOB514

May 3, 2009
Same issue as sixkilla

I have the same issue. If someone sends me a text with a pic it doesn't come to me at all, zero, nothing, nadda. The only way I know is because someone asks me "did you get the pic I sent you?"

I just got the iPhone about 10 days ago and this is my only complaint. I knew I wouldn't be able to send SMS but I thought I would receive at least a regular text with a link to a website to view the pic or something.

I send and receive regular texts just fine.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I have the same issue. If someone sends me a text with a pic it doesn't come to me at all, zero, nothing, nadda. The only way I know is because someone asks me "did you get the pic I sent you?"

I just got the iPhone about 10 days ago and this is my only complaint. I knew I wouldn't be able to send SMS but I thought I would receive at least a regular text with a link to a website to view the pic or something.

I send and receive regular texts just fine.
I can't be absolutely sure but AT&T might not be sending those texts anymore( or shutting that system down) since sometime this summer with the 3.0 OS release there will be full MMS support and the viewmymessage.com texts are on a different system than real MMS. I had this problem a while before the 3.0 beta was ever released and they had to send it to their engineer team to fix it and called me a few days later with it fixed. If you upgraded to beta software your mms might actually work because some people have problems getting it working.