I can't zoom with finger pinch( 2 fingers)

ext

Dec 23, 2012
I can't zoom with finger pinch( 2 fingers) in photos, safari and google maps on iPhone 4s... Does anyone have any idea what may be the problem?

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Are you pinching diagonally? Side-to-side doesn't work well. But diagonally, corner to corner, definitely does work. A quick double-tap on the screen in G-Maps and Safari will zoom in as well.

ext

Dec 23, 2012
Yes, I tried to pinch diagonally as well, but still it doesn't work... I know that I can zoom with double click, but that now the real solution, especially when I'm browsing on the internet in safari...

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Do you have a screen protector on your iPhone? That might be interfering with the screen's touch sensitivity. Otherwise it sounds like a defective screen.

ext

Dec 23, 2012
No, I don't have a screen protector...
I have no idea what may cause this problem.

ext

Dec 23, 2012
Everything works fine when I zoom with a double click, I can pan to the left, right, up and down which means that this problem has something to do with the 2 fingers gesture recognition.

ext

Dec 23, 2012
It's not about the dry fingers, this problem occurred one week ago

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I'm having similar issues on an old 4s, sometes the lower left side of the screen goes unresponsive. Thinking of getting a new screen, will that fix the issue?

Sent using iCafe app

ext

Dec 23, 2012
I'm having similar issues on an old 4s, sometes the lower left side of the screen goes unresponsive. Thinking of getting a new screen, will that fix the issue?

Sent using iCafe app
I don't think that that will fix the issue because I think that this is a software problem not hardware and besides that I don't think that is worth changing the screen without knowing what the real prolem is on the first place...

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Software ? Doubt it otherwise every 4s would have this issue but I agree I need to find out what's wrong before replacing the screen

Sent using iCafe app

ext

Dec 23, 2012
Like I said before, according to me this problem has something to do with the 2 fingers gesture recognition.
Any ideas how to fix that, or where to search for that?

ext

Dec 23, 2012
Software ? Doubt it otherwise every 4s would have this issue but I agree I need to find out what's wrong before replacing the screen

Sent using iCafe app
Sometimes it depends from the apps that we install...
One month ago I had a problem with the keyboard, the keyboard could not disappear and was covering all my apps on home screen, so after a good search I found that the lockinfo tweak from cydia was causing that and after I've deleted lockinfo everything was fine... But I don't think that this is the case with this problem because I haven't installed any app or tweak before this happened...

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
It's hardware, otherwise we would all have the issue

Sent using iCafe app

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
The reason I believe it's hardware it's because my issue is intermittent and I have not installed any new software on that old 4S

Sent using iCafe app

ext

Dec 23, 2012
The reason I believe it's hardware it's because my issue is intermittent and I have not installed any new software on that old 4S

Sent using iCafe app
Maybe you are right, we have different opinions, but they are both possible...
Can someone at least guide me somewhere where I can keep searching for this?
For example some forum where experienced people working with hardware and software may be connected?
As I can see Liberated was right, this is not a common problem and that's I need to find some people that actually had the same problem... So far it's very hard to find that kind of people...
I really appreciate you help, thanks :)

ext

Dec 23, 2012
I FOUND THE PROBLEM!
It was a software problem after all... I was deleting the programs one by one and found that QuickDo was making this issue... It doesn't make any sense, I've been using this app for 3 months and suddenly the same app that was working perfectly made this problem... This is very strange, no one can predict this...
QuickDo is a nice app for multitask, app shortcuts, virtual home/power buttons... ( for those that didn't know)
CONCLUSION: Be careful what you install!
thanks everyone :)

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Sent using iCafe app
Could be software related, restores fix a myriad of things. But I would try a hard reset/reboot first. That can also fix all kinda of weird little glitches.

Sent using iCafe app