I changed my mind about Siri - I love Siri

Peacekepr

Bronze
Jul 30, 2010
Until yesterday if anybody asked me I would've said Siri was pretty much useless to me.

Last night I fell down have a flight of stairs broke my right elbow and my hand. Siri is fantastic for giving dictation - I could not type posts or emails or text messages using my left hand. Siri actually gets the dictation pretty spot on every time.

Siri gets five stars from me!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It's a mixed bag for me when it comes to Siri. Sometimes the results are glorious and I'm left amazed. Other times I have an immense amount of frustration that makes me want to smash my iPhone against a wall.

RolandSeh

Feb 22, 2012
Peacekepr, great to know Siri has proven its mettle to you :) Hope you are recovering well.

sirsamuels

Bronze
Jul 3, 2010
Same here. It's 50 50. My wide says its my voice. It's deep so at times she works great and times she comes up with words that don't even rhyme to what I just said. Ie. I told her to call my mom and she called my friend dick.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Same here. It's 50 50. My wide says its my voice. It's deep so at times she works great and times she comes up with words that don't even rhyme to what I just said. Ie. I told her to call my mom and she called my friend dick.
I tried calling Umberto's, to which she replied "I don't see anyone in your contacts named Humberto." She does a fair job with creating reminders.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thread moved to the iOS Software section.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I don't miss Android except for the voice to text. Siri just isn't reliable enough.