I could really use some help!

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I had a jail broken 1.1.3 phone and i restored, upgraded and jailbroke 1.1.4. For the most part it has gone smooth, but i need some help from anyone that is knowledgabe.

For one, I have no way (because ifuntastic is saying my 1.1.4 jailbroken phone is shackled) and when i try to set up the SSH with cyberduck, it said connection failed. I used my phones wi-fi IP address and the root and alpine as the login. Anyone know why this isn't working? Is there anything else i can use for file managing. I need to be able to move my themes for summerboard into the right folder and also set permissions.

Lastly, my TTR has no music...everything else works. Anyone know why? This also goes for Pianist (iAno). iAno worked for me on 1.1.3, but doesn't work now. the rest of sound on my phone works.

Thanks ahead of time

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
On the SSH issue, are you using Boss Prefs or Services or similar to ensure OpenSSH is turned on? If not, that should be your first thing to try.

I don't have any great thoughts on the sound issues, sorry ...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Your SSH issue is common; there is a simple fix for it.

First open a new Finder window. Then select Go from the menubar. From there, select 'Go to folder...' and type .ssh - you will see a file called known_hosts. Delete it and your issues will be gone.

- John

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Your SSH issue is common; there is a simple fix for it.

First open a new Finder window. Then select Go from the menubar. From there, select 'Go to folder...' and type .ssh - you will see a file called known_hosts. Delete it and your issues will be gone.

- John
I followed your instructions and deleted known_hosts, but it still is giving me the same error.

I have wi-fi in the other room going that is supplying the wi-fi to my phone and the computer i'm doing the cyberduck on is going through a wired ethernet. Does that matter, they both have internet....

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I followed your instructions and deleted known_hosts, but it still is giving me the same error.

I have wi-fi in the other room going that is supplying the wi-fi to my phone and the computer i'm doing the cyberduck on is going through a wired ethernet. Does that matter, they both have internet....
If both iPhone and PC are on the same local network, you should be good. Easy way to check = do they both have an IP address with same first three numbers (192.168.1.x for example). If they do, then OK on that side of things.

Did you try Boss Prefs to ensure SSH is turned on?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Have you tried going to General Settings and locate the option to "Reset all Settings." I have read quite a few posts that this sorts out many little quirks people have experienced after updating to 1.1.4.

Also, please note that the new OpenSSH turns itself off if it doesn't detect any activity. Its more on a "as needed" basis now to save your battery when left on. What I do is just hop into BossPrefs and leave the window open when I connect, so I can verify the Blue On switch is still present when trying to connect.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
well I downloaded bossprefs and ssh is enabled. I'm going to try the reset settings and see if that works. As far as having the same network. My computer is too old for wi-fi so it gets its Internet from a wired Ethernet. My iPhone gets its Internet from an airport express which is fed Internet from the same wired Ethernet. Would they have the same network then? My computers ip is along the lines of the sample one you posted but my phones is like 10.0.blah.blah

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
well I downloaded bossprefs and ssh is enabled. I'm going to try the reset settings and see if that works. As far as having the same network. My computer is too old for wi-fi so it gets its Internet from a wired Ethernet. My iPhone gets its Internet from an airport express which is fed Internet from the same wired Ethernet. Would they have the same network then? My computers ip is along the lines of the sample one you posted but my phones is like 10.0.blah.blah
That's your issue then. Computer and iPhone need to be on same network and able to 'see' each other for SSH to work in this sort of scenario ...

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
What can i do from here. My computer cannot pick up wi-fi. Should i not use the airport express and see if my brother new imac can make wi-fi? Would that be the same internet then?

and btw, reset my settings didn't do fix anything.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
What can i do from here. My computer cannot pick up wi-fi. Should i not use the airport express and see if my brother new imac can make wi-fi? Would that be the same internet then?

and btw, reset my settings didn't do fix anything.
I don't know the Imacs, but if it can get on your WiFi network, then yes, go for that.
I don't really know the Airport Express either, but assume it does not have ethernet ports for your PC to plug into - if it does, that would be another option.
Or get a cheap WiFi card for your PC ...

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Is there any other programs that work with 1.1.4, that can access the phones files?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
iFuntastic says my jailbroken 1.1.4 phone is shackled. iNdependence says it doesn't work with iTunes 7.6.1.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
iFuntastic says my jailbroken 1.1.4 phone is shackled. iNdependence says it doesn't work with iTunes 7.6.1.
Oops, sorry - thought iFuntsastic's latest supported 1.1.4 - appears it doesn't. iNdependence site says "If you have upgraded to iTunes 7.6.1, only use iNdependence 1.4 beta 3 or higher"

Maybe a later beta will work for you? I'm not a Mac user, so have not used these ...

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Actually i just booted up a version of independence which supported 7.6.1, but it says my phone is jailed. iFuntastic would work too i bet but for some reason my phone is reading as jailed...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Actually i just booted up a version of independence which supported 7.6.1, but it says my phone is jailed. iFuntastic would work too i bet but for some reason my phone is reading as jailed...
I'm not sure what to tell you on the these - I don't use them. Maybe some Mac users / users of these can chime in with suggestions ...