I did it....but can I undo it?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

acedj1

Jul 2, 2007
Woohoo! After a bit of a scare I've got my new ringtones (I stopped half way through the first time and when I plugged my phone into my laptop it told me the capacity was 300mb, and that only 92mb of that was available. I went through the process again and fixed it).

HOWEVER, here's my next question. I'm not finding a process anywhere to remove these new ringtones. I'd really like to be able to remove these if need be without having to restore the iPhone.

Any ideas?

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
for iPhoneinterface type
rmdir /var/root/Library/Ringtones/SongName.mp3

or if your using manzana just right click and delete!

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
The only reason why you got that 300 mb were avail was because you did not put the Services.plist file back, I can tell that you are using a mac. We, the ones with macs, need to put that file back in order to sync with iTunes right. Just in case you didn't know.:laugh2:

acedj1

Jul 2, 2007
The only reason why you got that 300 mb were avail was because you did not put the Services.plist file back, I can tell that you are using a mac. We, the ones with macs, need to put that file back in order to sync with iTunes right. Just in case you didn't know.:laugh2:
Yeah, I finally figured that out. I just went through the process again, but this time completed it! When I plugged it back in everything was back to normal. Got a bit of a scare before that tho :laugh2:

PEESKI

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
this is really bugging me too. i've tried everything. i'm using iPhoneinterface and i'm trying to remove this ringtone that i installed just to test it out. now i can't remove it. i've tried everything.

i tried to just type in rmdir then the path then the filename,
nothing
i tried to type in cd then the path, then rmdir then the path and filename,
nothing
i tried to type in mkdir then the path then the filename, then i type in cd the path then the filename, then i typed rmdir the path and the filename,
still nothing.

no matter what i do the ringtone is still on my phone. this is really bugging me. please if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it.

fredthedog

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
this is really bugging me too. i've tried everything. i'm using iPhoneinterface and i'm trying to remove this ringtone that i installed just to test it out. now i can't remove it. i've tried everything.

i tried to just type in rmdir then the path then the filename,
nothing
i tried to type in cd then the path, then rmdir then the path and filename,
nothing
i tried to type in mkdir then the path then the filename, then i type in cd the path then the filename, then i typed rmdir the path and the filename,
still nothing.

no matter what i do the ringtone is still on my phone. this is really bugging me. please if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it.

This will make it MUCH easier (right click to Delete)

Last edited by a moderator:

PEESKI

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
i couldn't even get manzana to open. i download the first one and click on the one with the .exe and all i get is errors. any other ideas on why i can't just delete it from iPhoneinterface?