I did it

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rictur, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Rictur

Rictur Member
    Bronze

Got myself an iPad 2! glad to be a part of the gang now. Now I quest to find the best case...heh.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the iCafe app.

2. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

It's about time. Welcome to the club.

3. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Congratulations on your purchase. did you get a wifi only or 3G?

4. Rictur

Rictur Member
    Bronze

Thanks! Went with Wifi only. I'm almost always near wifi and if necessary I can hot spot with my iPhone.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the iCafe app.

5. aaronkwok

aaronkwok New Member

Good for you! I used hot spot with my iPhone, too.

6. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I only have the wifi as well. I used the hotspot on my iPhone while on vacation in June and it worked out well.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

7. Zipur

Zipur Member
    Bronze

Great now you will be like the rest of us spending all our spare time playing with the IPad2
    I have a Maware C.E.O. I love this case! I dropped my Ipad and the corner of the case cover broke but not the IPAD!
    I email Marware and had a new case in a week. However cases are like shoes and you have to get one that fit you and your life style. Get a list of what you want most. for example my list was Smart Cover, Slim, Light, Hand Strap because I read a lot and Stylish not just a plain leather case. Oh and not $50++ http://www.marware.com/c-e-o-hybrid-ipad-2-case

I would say that the most popular is the switcheasy or that 360 case thing but they didn't meet my needs.

Good hunting!

8. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

Congrats! Just picked one up myself. It's sooooo sweeeeeeet!

9. adambodkins

adambodkins Member
    Bronze

I just picked up my iPad 2 after having to sell my iPad 1 to buy a new MacBook. I bought the otter box. And I must say it is a nice case with a hefty price tag. But it just isn't for me. I am contemplating returning for more of a folio type case.

10. Towle

Towle New Member

I purchased my iPad 2 from Best Buy and the guy working showed me what case was the most popular. It was a leather case with ridges in the front so you can prop it up in 2 places, and it also swiveled so you can stand it up in landscape or portrait. At Best Buy this case was priced at $70, I went home and searched on Ebay, I ended up getting the exact case for $16! It works very well. It has a hole in the back so you can always see the Apple logo, and a strap in the front so it doesn't flap open.

11. Rictur

Rictur Member
    Bronze

Thought I had replied with my case choices. I went with an Otterbox Defender and have ordered a Mareware CEO Hybrid as well to see how I like it. Heard great things.

As for the Otterbox. I love it. It does add a little bulk to the iPad but the level of protection is worth it. I like the stand/screen cover as well. Can be used in multiple angles and will support the iPad in portrait as well. I'll do a more in-depth review with some pics if no one has already.

12. Zipur

Zipur Member
    Bronze

Well whats the latest? Otter fitting you well? It would be interesting. To know what you are doing with your iPad. I think for example if you have small kids or you are active outdoors watching he kids play the otter box is perfect. But for more intiment reading in bed another choice. For me thin is in!

13. Towle

Towle New Member

Anyone know why I can't write reviews for apps in the AppStore? Every time I click write a review, it just reloads the page..

14. kaelinlei

kaelinlei Member
    Bronze

Congrats! I love mine! : )

Sent from my iPad 2 using iCafe app

15. Tallahassee Lassie

Tallahassee Lassie New Member

Hi,

I am also the proud owner of a new iPad2 and absolutely love it. The case I decided on after a lot of research was an AYL slim portfolio style case in leather. It is a smart cover, switches on and off when opening/closing it, and doesn't flap open in my purse. It has two horizontal viewing positions and you can also use it standing up vertically. It is great to use it when I am reading in bed. I purchased mine on Amazon for $39.99, and am really pleased with the quality. I chose red but it does come in different colors (has a paler color saddle stitching around edges). I would just mention that the top cover does not fit flush all around the leading edges, but it is designed like that and is not a fault. It does not bother me at all.

By the way, will I ever be able to put this thing down? I think I am on it at least 8 hours a day! It is lucky I am retired!

16. Rictur

Rictur Member
    Bronze

I use mine about the same! Heh. Love the Otterbox case. Great protection and I like the nonslip silicone outer shell. Just feels more secure and I don't mind the little bit of added bulk. Found a CEO hybrid in Amazon for $18.95 vs the $49.95 it usually retails for. Checked and verified. It's an actual Marware product. Take mine with me everywhere I go. My laptop just collects dust now. Heh.