I DID SOMETHING! iPhone 6+ SAGA.

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Sharunda, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Please excuse the length of this story. I just wanted to share my iPhone 6+ Saga with the eiC. I'm at work so I have no pics to share until I set this iPhone 6+ up. Love this thing!

I’ve been busting since 4:15am today! I’ve had NO LUCK this year ordering this iPhone 6+, as pre order day was a complete horror. I then chickened out and ordered the iPhone 6 to pick up on Launch Day at my local Apple Store. Then I cancelled that because I just didn’t want that iPhone 6 because I was in love with the iPhone 6+. I figured I’d order it and have it sent to me at an Apple store but that didn’t work out. So I placed another order that would be shipped to me between Oct 21st through Oct 28th. I just held on to hope that I would get it a week or more sooner than that. Also, I figured I’d better get the order in or I would be sorry if the dates got pushed into November. So it was set, I had my order in. However, I didn’t stop checking stock at the Flagship store on 5th Ave in NY. They never let me down. They always have stock although low, they do have it. I just knew this would be the case for this iPhone 6+ no matter how ridiculously popular this iPhone was they would have my iPhone 6+ dag on it! They wouldn’t let me down! (On the off chance it just wouldn’t happen, I at least had my order in)

Well, this morning at 4:15 am I got up, checked the stock at the 5th Ave Apple Store and they had stock!!!! I WAS ELATED!!! Jaw dropped at the desk, wiped my eyes to be sure the green words of Available were not a dream. I sleepily proceeded in going through the motions to get my order in so I can have my iPhone 6+ now instead of in four weeks!!

I had to cancel my previous order and wait, impatiently, a few super long minutes until AT&T was aware of my Eligibility Status returning to Eligible. WHEW! That took two long minutes!!! Once that was done, I was free to order and choose pick up in store. Oh, but wait! I had another glitch. The Credit Card I had associated with my Apple account had $100 on it and I had to change card numbers. This is not a big deal, but I tried to make the order go through twice and got rejected twice before I realized I had to change the card out! DUH!!!

NOW FINALLY! I got a Thank You page that my order was placed and they would text and email me when the order was ready to pick up and that would be about an hour. Off to the Shower I go. I get dressed, make lunch, pack my bag, do my makeup and hair, check the email and I have it! I check the train schedule and off I go to catch the 6:09 train to NY Penn Station. TOTALLY EXCITED! I barely remember walking to the train station!

I get to NY Penn grab a cab to 5th Ave Apple Store and believe it or not there was a LONG LINE out there. It was at least two blocks long. I got out the cab at 7:13am went right up to one of the officers standing in front of the big glass cube and told him I was there to pick up and I asked if I had to wait in line. He said no. Go to the rep at the door and tell him what you are here for. I took a look at the crowd, they looked ready to pop at the sight of a girl getting out of a cab and sauntering into the store. I was told to go downstairs and the store was virtually empty. I was helped immediately and I left at 7:26am with my new Space Gray 128GB iPhone 6+ and a White Silicone Case and a new, free replacement lightening cable. I got a cab immediately back to NY Penn by 7:36am in time to catch the train to work that leaves at 7:53am.

Now I’m here at work with my iPhone 5s (Not In Service) and my absolutely beautiful iPhone 6+.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS iPhone 6+ I can’t imagine not having it and I am SOOOO GLAD I didn’t chicken out and get an iPhone 6. So far this iPhone 6+ is working out fine. I will know more after I get the correct cross body pouch for it and start wearing it all the time. For now I LOVE THIS iPHONE and I just am not lookin’ back!

It’s not too big for me. It’s very striking to look at. It IS A BIG PHONE! I am already used to it and when I look at my iPhone 5s for one thing or another as my iPhone 6+ doesn’t have the restore on it, that phone looks ancient in comparison to this iPhone 6+.

My journey now is done! Every iDay (iLaunch Weekend) there is always an adventure for me, this launch was no different.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Congrats! How does the white silicon Apple case look on the Space Grey? Do you like the material? I'm thinking about ordering one, but haven't seen it in person yet. I'm a big fan of their leather cases.

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Thank you!

OMG! Let me tell you. I love this Silicone case! It feels awesome. It is strong and smooth but not slippery. When you hold the iPhone 6+ with this Silicone case on it, the case provides a grip for your hands but I'm sure not as strong of a grip as the leather. This won't slide out of my hand. It's very comfortable. As far as a dirt magnet. It gets dirty but it’s so easy to get the dirt off. People here at work have put my new iPhone 6+ in their pockets and it has come out with little to no dirt on it. I can't fit it in my pocket or my current pouch. When there was a little dirt on the case I took a piece of scotch tape placed it over the dirt and lifted. The dirt came off. The case was back to normal. I do think that it will get dirty but so far, day one only four hours in it still looks new and is easy to clean. I think if it gets really dirty I can use a dry cloth to wipe away the dirt as it doesn't appear to be a porous silicone and the dirt may just sit on top.

The Apple rep suggested I get the White Silicone out of what they had left. No black leather or any other color leather cases. They had a pink, red and white silicone and a red leather. He said the leather will get dirty right away but surprisingly the white will be resilient longer. I went with the white. I'm very happy with it.

As far as how it looks. It looks awesome! You can't see any of the gray sides and back. The white silicone is curved right around to the sides covering the gray and only stopping at the screen. The white case looks amazing against the black screen.

The inside of the case is super soft and it’s easy to put on and take off. I say go for it! I'm going to get the other color silicone cases as soon as I can. I love this one.

#3 Sharunda, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  4. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Like your choice of iPhone!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Thank you! Hey, GR8 minds think alike! LOL!

I LOVE THIS THING! Apple did an awesome job with this! Couldn't be happier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. SunnySweet

SunnySweet Contributor
    Bronze

I am SOOOOOO excited for you @Sharunda ! I have been waiting to see when you would get your new phone so thanks for posting! The twin to your phone arrives here on Thursday!! I can hardly wait! Of course your excitement just adds to mine!! I will be looking for some pictures later! I picked up an incipio case last week (to use until the pretty yellow spigen case is released lol) I walked three miles at Destiny Mall last week ISO a case and not even the Apple Store had any plus cases (this was the 18th) I finally found a case at the AT&T store.

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

OH WOW!!! You are going to love it! It's breathtaking when you take it out of the box. It's so sleek. It was a GR8 purchase. Apple put their draws into this one! (old saying from the neighborhood-not literal)

I'm still speechless. I'm still in disbelief that I was able to get it. I'm in awe of it's beauty as it sits on my horrible desk commanding all attention be paid to it. I can't take my eyes off it. It is just so pretty, so delightful, so mine. I get completely lost in the never ending onyx screen, only to be brought out of my trans by the white case only for a moment. This thing is intoxicating to say the least and I don't even have it on.

You can tell I LOVE my Space Gray iPhone 6+. This makes up for my severe ankle sprain big time!

You Will Love Yours. To get this feeling I have, just prop it up on a stand turned off and stare at it for a moment, it will capture your heart.

8. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Glad you got what you wanted! Congrats ! Mine has been amazing over the weekend! Love the new phones!

9. SunnySweet

SunnySweet Contributor
    Bronze

As always your enthusiasm warms the ****les of my heart, Girl!! (I think ****les might be like draws in the old neighborhood) I am smiling out loud at you!! We share the same joy at the fondling of a brand new Apple baby!!!! I can hardly wait to see a picture of her with her white silicon diaper

10. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

So exciting to read this story and so happy for your success! Yet another twin to your new phone (6 Plus, 128, Space Gray) on it's way to me and scheduled to arrive on Friday. Really looking forward to it and can't wait to go through all the same emotions, LOL. Lots of anticipation with this model. For the first time we won't have to "really look" to see the updates (faster processor, higher resolution, more storage, different apps). These changes will be easy to see, LOL.

11. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

CONGRATS... I am glad you love your new phone!!!! Thanks for the info on the silicon case. I thought they may be slippery...so I passed on getting one...I may reconsider

Sent using iCafe app

12. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Wow Sharunda, I loved following your adventures in the Big Apple (pun intended). You are right, it is a really huge iPhone, but that is when you compare it to the iPhone 5S, eventually one becomes use to the size. I do really love the dual panes on the Plus, especially for reading emails. I ordered a black Apple leather case, and a Spigen case too. I look forward to reading your updates and pics. :)

13. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

14. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@SunnySweet Thank you for the kind words. We do share the same joy. Other people just don't get it. That's the main reason I LOVE THE eiC! Mostly everyone here GETS IT! Here at work I'm called Applehead now I would take offense to that if my head was huge, but it's not that big LOL!!! And I am a Apple Head and proud of it!

I'll try to post a pic later after I get her all settled when I get home.

@talon90 I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I just wanted to give the whole thing. This year, while stressful and disappointing at times. It was still exciting, especially at the end here when I got the iPhone 6+! I can't wait to see pictures of your new phone on Friday! Yes, you will be speechless when you get the box open. It took my breath away. you never know how magnificent this size is until you see it in person right in the box. This is just an out of this world size that garners a totally different feeling when you open the box. It's not like other home unboxings for me at all. It was at work, but it was just amazing to see. That first glimpse took my breath away.

You will notice all the differences right away. This is a phenomenal iPhone! I can't wait until you enjoy yours as well!

@Sassytallsista Yes, I love this thing! The silicone case is amazing. I am loving this white. Was a little apprehensive, but the Apple rep told me it would be worth the purchase since I couldn't get the leather yet. I could always return it, but I like it too much. Apple did a good job on this case. You should reconsider. At least just try it for your iPhone 6 and if you hate it, you can always return it. I think it's a 14 day return window.

@JWiPhone AWW Thanks! They are adventures. Even the people here at work couldn't believe I got up went into the city, purchased the iPhone 6+ and got in to work before 9am. I was here at 8:30 they were really surprised.

It is a huge iPhone but I will get used to it. I kinda am used to it already. I can get a lot of use out of this thing. I think this will make me go over my 10GB Mobile Share Plan and I'll have to up it before the year is out!

#14 Sharunda, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  15. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@imutter I'm so glad I got what I wanted too! I manned up and didn't settle for the iPhone 6 and never gave up thinking I would get my hands on it from the 5th Ave store. Sunday I had my doubts, but I just kept on. This paid off.

These new iPhones are the best ones yet. I tell you, these iPhones are so good in so many ways, I don't know how they're going to top them. LOL!

16. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I still don't understand why people wait in line when there are so many options for placing orders online. Oh well, just makes it easier on the rest of us, I guess.

17. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Maybe you should read the tracking thread

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Many of them are getting the Plus. There were next to none available for launch day shipping. Others got screwed over by AT&T as far as their shipping date and then canceled and waited in line. Being at the front of the line or not far behind was the best bet for a launch day iPhone 6 Plus this year.

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Sweet. I'm going to order a white silicone then. I have the black and red leather and LOVE the black. I ordered a pink yesterday but haven't seen that one in person yet. It looks like it's very subtle pink in the pics.

20. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

I love my leather case. Its going to keep me from going with Otterbox. Looks good, doesn't attract lint and I love the smell and taste of dead cow!!