I DID SOMETHING! iPhone 6+ SAGA.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Sweet. I'm going to order a white silicone then. I have the black and red leather and LOVE the black. I ordered a pink yesterday but haven't seen that one in person yet. It looks like it's very subtle pink in the pics.
i got the pink and it looks not to flashy. I can already see my jeans color rubbed of on the edges. I will get the silicon I guess. I probably get the green and white

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
i got the pink and it looks not to flashy. I can already see my jeans color rubbed of on the edges. I will get the silicon I guess. I probably get the green and white
See, the light colors can't go in jeans pockets. I hate that. I wish these cases didn't have that kind of problem. I'd love to be able to freely stick my iPhone in that sweet Pink leather case in my jeans or dark colored pants with no issues.

A co-worker of mine just put my iPhone 6+ with it's White Silicone case on it in his back jeans pocket and it came out with a little jean lint and color on it. Not deep or severely blue but I could see the difference. I took a piece of tape and put it on the affected areas and lifted. Off came the lint and the jean color. This Silicone case is GOOD! I'm going to get the other colors. Green next!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This is why the black is the best option if you are going with leather. It still looks new months later. The other colors start showing wear too soon. For example, here's my red 5s case. It hasn't been used that much because I use the black one 90% of the time, but you can see some wear and discoloration, especially around the edges.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
This is why the black is the best option. It still looks new months later. The other colors start showing wear too soon. For example, here's my red 5s case. It hasn't been used that much because I use the black one 90% of the time, but you can see some wear and discoloration around the edges.

View attachment 38538
That's exactly what I'm concerned with. IDK why Apple wouldn't get a better leather that would last longer than it does. It's such a shame because the colors are so pretty and the case is so sleek.

I want the leather in Navy, Black and Brown. I'll get the Navy first if I can't get Black and see how that goes, but my next case purchase will be the Green Silicone. I love that color!

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
This is why the black is the best option if you are going with leather. It still looks new months later. The other colors start showing wear too soon. For example, here's my red 5s case. It hasn't been used that much because I use the black one 90% of the time, but you can see some wear and discoloration, especially around the edges.

View attachment 38538
I initially picked up a red leather case for my Plus, but as I walked out of the store with it, I noticed that the red wasn't even (painted?) on there that well to begin with, mainly on the Apple logo. I went back to check the rest and, while I found one or two that looked better, they all seemed to have this problem -- the Apple logos already looked like they were wearing off and the black was showing through. I swapped it out for black leather.

My girlfriend came home with her 6 in a pink silicone case and I was really impressed (like many of the rest of you in this thread). I got the blue silicone case for my Plus and it's been great so far.

The black leather is a bit more professional and as I use this phone for work, too, I've been sticking to the black leather mostly. However, both cases seem fairly easy to remove (especially the silicone), though I'm worried they'll get worn out if I'm constantly swapping out the cases.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Idunno, I think leather looks best worn anyway. Not necessarily dyed blue from jeans, but worn.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Good point. One of the doctors at work has a 5s in a brown leather case that is extremely worn. I guess that look is kinda cool.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I think a person could buy leather conditioner or cleaner if they wanted to keep it in top shape. It might be more of a hassle, but then we do take time to clean our iPhone screens.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I think a person could buy leather conditioner or cleaner if they wanted to keep it in top shape. It might be more of a hassle, but then we do take time to clean our iPhone screens.
I actually tried two different leather conditioners on leather Apple cases. It didn't work out well at all. I don't recommend it. They just need to be wiped down with a damp cloth.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I doubt the Apple cases are real "leather" anyway, at least not what leather conditioners are intended for.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
This is a good plan CJ. I don't think Apple would just stock their stores and not send something to the carrier stores. So you do have a point. Your AT&T store may get the very iPhone you want sooner than expected. Apple does want to get these iPhones in everyone's hands.

With the Apple In-Store pick up, you choose your iPhone and carrier and then at the bottom on the web site there is an option that says Available For Pick Up: Under that will be a store near you and or the option to See More Stores. You select that and a different menu comes up where you can put in your zip code and then a range of stores near you pop up and next to the store choices will show if the iPhone is Available for Pick Up or if it's Unavailable for Pick Up. This is the best barometer of stock Apple has. It's accurate.

If it's available anywhere near you you choose that store and complete your order.You'll get a Thank You notice and instructions that you will be contacted by email when you item is ready to be picked up and that usually takes an hour.

I wish you good luck with this my friend CJ. I hate that every Launch it's one thing or the other and for a lot of people they have to walk on tight rope to get the iPhone of their choice. But you will persevere in this! Keep us posted.
Yeah thanks man I talked to the at&t store manager again today on my lunch break and he said for sure it's 100% they are getting more stock of both model phones either the 25th or 26th he was not 100% sure on the exact date as the details are still being worked out so I think by later this week into the weekend you will see a lot of stores start to re stock!

I've been checking Apple's site every few hours does anyone know when it updates itself? Sometimes I feel as though it's not accurate but I thought before someone stated it updates after 10PM or something like that does anyone know? Because I seen one available 128GB silver at&t model like at an Apple store 2 hours away from me but when I checked back like 20 minutes later it was gone LOL!

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I've heard great things about the OEM apple silicone case I really want one but my local Apple Store is probably sold out however if I can find one are they worth the $40 guys?

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I still don't understand why people wait in line when there are so many options for placing orders online. Oh well, just makes it easier on the rest of us, I guess.
Well for one thing, if you wait in the front of the line, you know you'll have a phone by 815 am instead of wondering when FedUp is going to deliver it, possibly not til the end of the day.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I thought the silicone case was only $35.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Many of them are getting the Plus. There were next to none available for launch day shipping. Others got screwed over by AT&T as far as their shipping date and then canceled and waited in line. Being at the front of the line or not far behind was the best bet for a launch day iPhone 6 Plus this year.
Yes it was. I speak from experience. To be honest, if I had preordered the first night, I would have gone with the 6 instead of 6 plus. That would have been a huge mistake.