I did the absolute dumbest thing the other day...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Rafagon, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I was trying to back up some important files to an SD card. But I inserted the SD card carelessly. I have a late 2009 iMac with an optical drive.

The optical drive slot is located about 0.3 inches above the SD card slot.

I inserted the card into what I thought was the SD card slot. I did not bother to look at the slots as I inserted the SD card.

So I erroneously inserted the SD card into the It was the optical drive slot. It fell right in. And now there’s an SD card in my optical drive slot waiting to be extracted.

However, if there’s one thing that makes me feel a little less stupid about what I did, it is the fact that others have done the same thing before.

I’ll get it out one of these days. There’s no rush. I haven’t inserted a CD or DVD into my iMac’s optical disc slot in ages.

Just thought I’d share that with you ladies and gents...

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Cool story.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, it finally happened. :D

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Finally? I thought that happened long, long ago. iTunes grocery list long ago. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

It isn’t an urgent matter. I don’t really put CDs or DVDs into my iMac. One of these days I’ll see if I can remove the SD card from the optical disc slot by following the instructions given on Apple Support Communities.

Right now I’m too focused on capturing Pokémon and… soon, very soon… joining a gym. In the game, of course; not in real life. Me join a gym in real life? Hahaha. Not at this stage in my life. I don't need to leave a muscular, sexy corpse.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

So you're not worried about the contacts of the SD card maybe touching something inside the iMac optical drive and possibly shorting something?
    Zzzzzap!

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Now I am. Thank you :)