I ditched SummerBoard for now...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Much too slow and choppy. It's really really cool but not worth making my whole phone act like a 486 computer with 8MB of RAM. And yes I've restarted the phone and it's a temporary fix. But in 10 Min the thing is slow again.

Someone let me and everyone else know if any updates fix the choppiness.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Much too slow and choppy. It's really really cool but not worth making my whole phone act like a 486 computer with 8MB of RAM. And yes I've restarted the phone and it's a temporary fix. But in 10 Min the thing is slow again.

Someone let me and everyone else know if any updates fix the choppiness.
I know what you mean. Don't know if you've installed version 1.3 yet, which just came out. I've been using it for about 10 mins and so far so good. If it starts to get sluggish again, I'll let you know.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
wildonrio,
I noticed version 1.3 at around 11:15pm EST.

GizmoDVD,
Just install rSBT to re-arrange all your icons.

stewcp

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol, UK
I had to do a full restore last night because of the buggy v1.1... not realising the author released v1.2 soon after to fix the dock issue... I noticed in v1.2 that if you were in lets say ipod landscape mode (cover flick) and pressed the home button, SummerBoard would crash... Is this fixed in v1.3?

I do like this very much (great first releases) but also noticed the slowness... lets hope for future updates :cool: