I do not approve of the smaller dock.

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by FlightWizard7, Sep 10, 2012.

1. FlightWizard7

FlightWizard7 New Member

if Apple wants to make a smaller dock they should give free with the iPhone 5.

2. jcmitchell5

jcmitchell5 Contributor
    Silver

It will come free with the phone.

3. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Why should Apple give anything away free? I take it you mean adapters? They made the dock smaller to make room for better hardware. Quit whining. Don't buy the new iPhone if you're that bothered.

Sent from my iOS EcoSystem

4. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I personally have no problems with the new dock connector but I believe it's going to be the "death grip" of the iPhone 5. The mass public has no clue about the smaller dock connector and the FAndroids are going to blow it up and claim Apple abandoned their fanboys. The big question is, will it cause enough complaints to warrant Apple to ship out free adapters similar to the free bumpers? I don't see it happening but who knows!

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app

5. parmacrafter

parmacrafter Member
    Bronze

I like the idea of the smaller port but I am a bit concerned. I have had numerous phones in the past with the micro usb ports. They always fail. Simple weight of the cord is enough to eventually work them loose from the board and they won't charge anymore. My Apple products are the only items that I have NEVER had issues like that with. Here's hoping the new form factor will be at least as sturdy as the older ones.

6. jpmihalk

jpmihalk Member
    Bronze

Hopefully they have engineered the new connectors to be more like the mag-safe adapters used on the MacBooks. Those are the greatest accessories ever!