I don't know if this is a serious issue but..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
This is being caused by who ever is calling you's service provider's LD provider.. if that made any sense..

If your friend is with ABC company as a phone/cell provider, they usually contract out to some no named LD provider to route all their LD (long Distance), then these LD providers contract out to subcontractors which get the call there the cheapest way they can.. I used to work for a cellular company and seen this happen first hand. Unfortunately as a customer there's not much you can do, all your friend can do is complain to his/her provider, who will say its the other providers fault.. round and round it goes..
:(

All you can do is wait till they get their crap together..

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
has anyone else had a problem with their iPhone where when the wrong caller i.d. is coming up when someone calls?
I believe the caller id information is taken from your contact list. I would recommend you go through them to make sure you don't accidentally have the number listed under the wrong name. I have never had this happen so other than that I am lost on the cause. Sorry.

tomdice

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Florida
well the person that called me today, i have never spoken to before ever. the caller i.d. that came up was definitely a person i know. trust me they were both separate identities that have no connection. maybe it was just a fluke incident.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Thats deffinately a call routing issue. I've worked a issue like that before.. Whatever carrier that the guy is using when he called you is having issues, I wish I could remember the name of the Sub-carrier that was causing the issues that I worked on.. When I worked for a Cellular carrier took me months to get them to fix the issue...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've had calls from businessses that show up as (123) 456-7890 or something similar, but I've never had the wrong contact ID show up. That's just bizarre!

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
btw, here's some FYI trivial info for ya, if you ever dial a 1-800 number.. you cant block your caller ID, it's actually caused by a bug in translations that AT&T decided wasn't worth looking into. So if you ever call a 1-800 number and try to block the caller ID.. It's not going to work, they can see who ya are.. heh

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Blocking the Caller ID is so awesome for prank calls.

I did that to Wal-Mart the other day. It was awesome.