I don't think there are going to be big lines

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Call me crazy I just don't think many people are gona line up to buy this phone. I don't think its gona be all out pandemonium like some people are predicting. Think about it.. its $500-$600! Plus I just don't hear that many people talking about it outside of this forum. I go on to any other random forum and the majority of people say they aren't buying one or will wait until the price drops (don't think that will happen).

Hey its all good.. no line and I'll be happy :)

latinnftl

Bronze
Mar 19, 2007
Call me crazy I just don't think many people are gona line up to buy this phone. I don't think its gona be all out pandemonium like some people are predicting. Think about it.. its $500-$600! Plus I just don't hear that many people talking about it outside of this forum. I go on to any other random forum and the majority of people say they aren't buying one or will wait until the price drops (don't think that will happen).

I think you're right, I think we would have started to see lines besides those in NYC. Even those aren't what you'd call a line. Maybe there will be a surge tomorrow, who knows. I think lots of people are waiting to see what the trailblazers think then they'll go and decide.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I think you're right, I think we would have started to see lines besides those in NYC. Even those aren't what you'd call a line. Maybe there will be a surge tomorrow, who knows. I think lots of people are waiting to see what the trailblazers think then they'll go and decide.
Theres gona be lines no doubt.. I just wonder if a line will be necessary.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I don't think it will be NEEDED to stand in line. I would recommend it only because there may be a ton of ppl infront of you. You want to get in and out and home aqap.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I don't think so either. The vast majority of people I know are not even interested at this point. I think that the iPod effect will kick in but not initially. But at some point everyone will have one, like the ipod. Its just us crazy EiP people:laugh2::cool:

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
My only real concern is how many 8gbs there will be versus 4s. I certainly don't want a 4.

yeah you would think that if you have $500 to spend on something as cool as this, you might as well pay the extra $100 and get the better one. lord knows we have had enough time to save since we heard the announcement on phone pricing. odd planning on Apple's part but im sure there is a method to their madness. i cannnot wait!

Medeiros2227

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
dunno

THAT IS true

topshotta

May 21, 2007
No doubt - if I'm one of the lucky ones who are able to purchase and take home an iPhone on Friday and if all they have is the 4gb model - I'm going to look elsewhere or wait. 4gb is just not enough for me!

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
yeah man same here, if there isn't any 4gbs left over im gonna come home and wait till the iPhone starts selling on the online Apple store
This is also a huge concern of mine, but at the same time I have this feeling that many people would get the 4gb, cause 100 bucks is still a lot of money. But not to me:laugh2::cool:

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
I agree. I just drove by the AT&T store that I plan on going to and there wasn't anyone there. In my city in particluar, I think this is going to be more of an upper class extravagant item. I don't think there will be lines around the corner. Basically what I think I'm saying is for the city I live in, if you want one of these, you should be able to get one on Friday.

liljohn

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
NJ
There are going to be BIG LINES in BIG CITIES, But not where I am. I live 25 miles from Manhattan but its like a live 200 miles away. Hopefully the Benny's from New York don't raid my AT&T store on there way to the beach.

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
I'm not sure what to think about my ATT store. On one hand it's in a VERY affluent neighborhood so that would be the group that would buy them. But, there are also tons of other ATT stores in the great Chicago area so that may keep the crowd to just locals. I'll just start scoping out at 2pm and hop in line once it forms.

Monyplay

Jun 27, 2007
NO Lines?

That's what they said about the night before the Sony PS3 came out.....

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
I went to the store I plan to purchase from, and they were setting cones and ropes tied to them down the wall and around the back of the store.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I hope you're right, but evidently there's some hype building. My local paper called today to interview about the release. He wanted to know if I knew anyone in Columbus that was also excited like me and I could only name one person. I really only know one person that wants one and they won't be getting one Friday.

Maybe we won't even need to stand in line.

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
Considering the 4gb iPhone has 700mb of OS software, that's only 3.3gb worth of space. That just sucks for $500. 8gb all the way.

Most people I know are interesting in seeing the phone in person but not in buying it yet. Most are waiting for their plans to expire in other carriers or for the 3G iPhone.