I don't think there are going to be big lines

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Definitely scoped out my ATT location that I plan to be at:: Expect people around ATT for the mere reason that they will be closed from 2 to 6p. So At least 10-15 people may be there . That being said...that should guarantee 8GIG

3dg

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I'm not sure what to think about my ATT store. On one hand it's in a VERY affluent neighborhood so that would be the group that would buy them. But, there are also tons of other ATT stores in the great Chicago area so that may keep the crowd to just locals. I'll just start scoping out at 2pm and hop in line once it forms.
Hey, where in the NW burbs are you? So am I.

Personally, I think it's going to be nuts all over the place. AT&T, and Apple. I think they'll run out and many people in line will go home with nothing but wasted time.

Perhaps, they'll have more 8Gigs because people don't want to spend the extra cash. I'll take either, of course - but an 8Gig is preferred. I can always get it, then search other stores for more before I activate. Or try buying online....

Either way, after my last meeting Friday, I'll probably head over to the mall to check out the scene. If it's light, I might just hang out around there (bring the laptop). if it's already a zoo, I might just take my chances coming back later or *dare I say it* wait a week to buy and receive online.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
i called my Apple store this evening and the guy said that i was the 15th caller re: iPhone in the last hour.

it's going to be big.

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
i think in relatively big to big cities there will be lines, but in smaller cities im not so sure there will be, i hope! i live in town of 50,000 so im hoping to get one without waiting, if there is a line ill have to see how long it is to see if i want to wait or not, i plan on getting there around 5:30

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
i called my Apple store this evening and the guy said that i was the 15th caller re: iPhone in the last hour.

it's going to be big.
If he had said 150 I'd be worried..but 15?

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
If he had said 150 I'd be worried..but 15?
in 1 hr...extrapolate my friend...one random hour * 8 in a day = 120

i think based on my very unscientific sample, that i should elevate my caution level a wee bit...just to stay on the safe side.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
in 1 hr...extrapolate my friend...one random hour * 8 in a day = 120

i think based on my very unscientific sample, that i should elevate my caution level a wee bit...just to stay on the safe side.
'

well, since you put it that way...now I'm worried!

RTDurkee

Jun 28, 2007
There are going to be BIG LINES in BIG CITIES, But not where I am. I live 25 miles from Manhattan but its like a live 200 miles away. Hopefully the Benny's from New York don't raid my AT&T store on there way to the beach.
ROFL...Ya, those crazy shoe-be's are soo annoying

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
i just have a bad feeling, that i will be waiting for hours.. and then someone will drive up at 6pm and get an iPhone right after me. and i will be pissed cause i waited around for hours when i could have just strolled up and purchased one. BUT, im not about to risk them running out of 8gigs and not getting one. my whole day friday will just consist of watching the hours roll off as 6pm approaches, i might as well as be doing it in front of the att store

Jun 28, 2007
So for those of us willing to stand in line on Friday in Phoenix, when it’s going to be a 110!, I hope you’re right! I was talking with a friend who was telling me that the store on Tatum and Shay in Phoenix is having some type of mass media event. She said that that store will probably have the largest supply for that reason, even more than the Apple stores! No exact numbers given. :( So I will give you all one guess where I will be standing in line! Best of luck to all! CH

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
I agree, I don't think the lines are going to be that bad. There might be a few people waiting in large cities but there are 4 stores selling it in a town of around 110,000 30 minutes from me. I don't see there being lines with hundreds of people at each store. Like mentioned earlier I don't hear a lot of people even talking about it.......

Oh yeah RchGrav, you stole my avatar!

Jun 27, 2007
So for those of us willing to stand in line on Friday in Phoenix, when it’s going to be a 110!, I hope you’re right! I was talking with a friend who was telling me that the store on Tatum and Shay in Phoenix is having some type of mass media event. She said that that store will probably have the largest supply for that reason, even more than the Apple stores! No exact numbers given. :( So I will give you all one guess where I will be standing in line! Best of luck to all! CH
Hey, PHX for me as well... except I'm planning on being in Flag on friday... On Apple.com it says the ATT in flagstaff isn't getting any, and there is no Apple store up there. I may either end up going to flag a day late... or just ordering online and getting 2 day air so i have it on Monday. GOD that would kill me though. :sick:

RHJS

Jun 18, 2007
SoCal
I'm not really worrying about the lines just worrying about my pockets.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Gonna be fun regardless. Im stoked this weeks almost up.

slipperypete

Bronze
May 20, 2007
Think about.....At&T hired additional people for the release and are staying open until 10 amd Apple stores are staying open until midnight. With activation being done at home, I can't see Apple/At&T taking these extra steps if they are going to be sold out by 6:45. I think there will be lines, but If you want one you should be able to get one.