I don't understand

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
so i was with my friend the hole day and he has a v1 and i have the 3g. So like his setting are like the same as mine. We use our phones equall. At the end of the day his had more battery. But mine was always hotter than his. I think like it uses more battery when its hot? Should i be worrying? ( BTW: he said that he puts his phone in the frig for a few mins to keep it cool, and i never did that)

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
The V1 runs on Edge network only, your is on 3G which eats up more of the battery. Try turning 3G off in your network settings and see how it goes against his

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
The V1 runs on Edge network only, your is on 3G which eats up more of the battery. Try turning 3G off in your network settings and see how it goes against his
well like it seemed like it would be better because its using a faster network and using it less because all we did was text

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Err... LOL? If there was no comment why did you post a comment?

Anyways answering to the question :) 3G Consumes a lot more battery life than Edge. No, you should not be worrying. It also depends on how much your brightness settings are - it's easy to forget about this setting, volume (the speaker takes up a fair ammount of battery aswell) and the list goes on...

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I don't know like if I had to guess, then like I would say it was the 3G thing.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
like maybe like you like should like take it like back to like the Apple like store and like get a like new one? like i mean like it's still like under like warranty right?