I don't want the new firmware

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kingsr

Sep 20, 2007
My new iPhone is in the mail and I will be receiving it today, I will not be using AT&T services because I had multiple bad experiences with them in the past. I am hoping that my iPhone does NOT come with firmware 1.1.1, but how can I tell what firmware is uploaded on the iPhone without activating it? Can I upload the older firmware before attempting to activate or unlock the phone? What other options do I have?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
My new iPhone is in the mail and I will be receiving it today, I will not be using AT&T services because I had multiple bad experiences with them in the past. I am hoping that my iPhone does NOT come with firmware 1.1.1, but how can I tell what firmware is uploaded on the iPhone without activating it? Can I upload the older firmware before attempting to activate or unlock the phone? What other options do I have?
The update is to new to be on a phone that is already shrink wrapped and shipped.

When you hook up the phone to your computer and it ask you to update to 1.1.1 just click no. You can also check a little box that says 'don't ask me again'