I downloaded an app...and now it crashes?

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Hey guys,
Downloaded Texas Hold 'Em on my iPhone, and after syncing, I get a prompt saying it wants to copy the app to my computer. Well, the status bar just stalls after moving a bit. Eventually, it did fully load and successfuly synced. However, now when I try to open the app on my phone, it crashes!

I don't want to pay another $4.99 for something I already paid for. Is there anything I can do?

The other free apps I had on there also crash, but they're free so I don't care.

I have to agree with some people saying 2.0 isn't all it's cracked up to be. I missed my JB 1.1.3 :(

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
I got a bunch of free apps right in iTunes and when I synced them to the phone every single one of them crashed back to the springboard. I went and got them again from the app store on the phone and they all work fine now. I wonder if the syncing is causing something to corrupt?

giggity..

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
There have been reports that a restore and then a reinstall of all your apps helps. If you have the time or the patience try it. All of your apps after a sync are on iTunes, so don't worry about downloading them all over.

Also, if you already downloaded an app, the app store remembers it and asks if you are sure you want to download it again.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Nice avatar, freakydeaky :)

Good deal - I will try that this evening. I thought perhaps it was because I sync my phone on two computers - I sync my calendar from my work PC and everything else from my Macbook at home, but I guess that's not the culprit.