I dropped my phone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I was so careful this whole time. I never worried about dropping a phone so much until I got my iPhone.
I've dropped my phone many times. Make sure you have a case to absorb future impacts. Mine still doesn't have a scratch.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I was so careful this whole time. I never worried about dropping a phone so much until I got my iPhone.
Did you pick it up? Forgive me if this seems like a dumb question; but if you cant start a new thread saying you dropped it, at the very least I can ask if you picked it up? :p

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
...you dropped it and? [____fill in the blank_____]

a. you didn't pick it up
b. it exploded
c. it liquefied into a steaming pool of goo

Oct 29, 2007
Slip BOOM Dent! :(

Its finally happened, contemplating all these days that it wouldn't but it did, got me a capdase silicone cover and nothing, going out one night to the clubs, and thought well im never gonna have the phone out of my pocket..."riiiiiiiiiight". good night out....... at restaurant getting praises for Apples great work and my friend puts the phone on the table and as i go to get it a plate comes sliding and nudges the phone off the table and whack no major damage except THE NICE CONCRETE ETCH AND DENT NEAR THE HEADPHONE JACK AND THE EVER SO LIGHTLY BENT THE JACKS SHAPE TO OVAL. :( i am a big boy now and i held back the tears and said see no harm done :).... no my i phone will never see the light of day out side its cover and get a gelaskin on it as well. great job on the screen but the silver back needs rethinking and as well as the weight and the way u have to hold it at times puts it in dangerous positions at times.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I have a second older phone that I use for when I go out drinking. Perks of having a GSM phone I guess.

My friend works as a mgr for a club here in LA. He is finding lost iPhones all the time. He is actually honest and sends them all back to the local Apple store, where they reunite them with their owners.

Its finally happened, contemplating all these days that it wouldn't but it did, got me a capdase silicone cover and nothing, going out one night to the clubs, and thought well im never gonna have the phone out of my pocket..."riiiiiiiiiight". good night out....... at restaurant getting praises for Apples great work and my friend puts the phone on the table and as i go to get it a plate comes sliding and nudges the phone off the table and whack no major damage except THE NICE CONCRETE ETCH AND DENT NEAR THE HEADPHONE JACK AND THE EVER SO LIGHTLY BENT THE JACKS SHAPE TO OVAL. :( i am a big boy now and i held back the tears and said see no harm done :).... no my i phone will never see the light of day out side its cover and get a gelaskin on it as well. great job on the screen but the silver back needs rethinking and as well as the weight and the way u have to hold it at times puts it in dangerous positions at times.

LYDIEMIA1

Sep 27, 2007
Hi,

I had my I phone for 3 days...and low and behold i dropped it on the kitchen floor....my heart sank....then crystal was cracked....they gave me a loaner and a new one for $250.00 OH GOODY....But that was my fault....now I don't drop it any more...

george d:laugh2:

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007

when you dropped it why not pick it up? Problem solved?

Just messing man:), but you should really invest in a case, I recommend the iskin, as well as a screen protector. If you have a few scratches on it the case will cover it, so yes no problemo, you never have to see them again

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Ugh... let's see.
There's a huge ding above the camera, some noticeable scratches all over the back. There's a hairline scratch on the screen. And the chrome is all scratched up.

This is the result of my absolute refusal to use a case - it just takes away too much of the iPhone's sexiness. However, I'm thinking about an Agent 18 case. It looks pretty badass on the iPhone.

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
I'm ordering the Seidio Clip off Seidio's site this weekend even though I really don't need it. The guy at the Genius Bar had his "setup" and I was in love instantly. I even bought the Anti-Glare screen protectors from the store cause it looked really good on the phone. Check out how the phone looks with the anti glare screen protector and the Seidio belt clip for $24.99 it's a nice looking setup not too much not too little.

miquel

Oct 22, 2007
My iPhone went for a swim yesterday. I dropped it at the grocery store parking lot and it landed face down in a rain puddle. But, I picked it up, immediately shut it down, and went I got home started it back up. It still works like a champ....but I have an Agent 18 on the way.

Bumfudley

Sep 20, 2007
That's really funny, that's exactly where my iPhone is damaged. I had it in the Sena Dockable case, which I really loved. The problem is, when I dropped it, it landed on the one unprotected corner of the case, near the headphone jack. I have the same concrete texture dent and the chrome bezel is slightly separated from that corner of the phone. The phone still functions perfectly, but that really pisses me off. The iPhone is such a beautiful device and now I'm ashamed of having it outside of a case. I currently have it in the Countour Showcase, which covers up the dent, but still. I'm trying to decide whether to bite the bullet and pay $250 for a replacement or just wait it out until a 16gb model comes out.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
i keep my phone in my pouch on my hip...and my motto...whether i'm gettin' outta the car, especially when i'm gettin' outta the car...walkn around is "...secure the iPhone..." like i'm secret service...protectin' the iPhone as it steps out of the limo...:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

i'm think bout gettn a sling back pack so i can keep it further secured when i'm walkn the mall or on the streets of new york...