I feel betrayed that iPod touch offers similar functionality as iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chessh2036

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Its like we get punished by buying the iPhone the day it comes out. I mean why would you release a ipod that looks the exact same as the iPhone and does everything except make calls. I would like to kow what Apple was thinking...

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Exactly.... The main reason I bought the iPhone (not only functionality), but to be DIFFERENT! Everyone has a sidekick, treo, bb. I wanted the iPhone to stand out... Now that the iPods look EXACTLY like the iPhone, every kid is going to get one for Christmas and holding it up to his ear PRETENDING to make calls and making all of us REAL iPhone owners look foolish. And the sad thing is, I was about to call AT&T and cancel my contract, taking the ETF hit and buying something else... but now with the price drop, I would only benefit MAYBE $50... not worth it. Damn this pisses me off. :mad:

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
get over it this was bound to happen if they want to actually sell a significant amount of iPhones and subscriptions. Do you really think they care whether you feel exclusive? The ipod touch will sell like crazy as well and sell more iTunes content.....win win for Apple.

Romanesq

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
talk about the need for approval...

But the need for public approval over kids?

I saw this coming a mile away. It makes tremendous sense to use the same platform, OS and components and remove the phone to retain the other R&D investment for the phone.

And a lot of people want just that. Not everyone has good AT&T service where they are but they can enjoy this product.

But of course if you need to keep up with the Jones' now you have to avoid hanging around 6th graders. :cool:

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Exactly.... The main reason I bought the iPhone (not only functionality), but to be DIFFERENT! Everyone has a sidekick, treo, bb. I wanted the iPhone to stand out... Now that the iPods look EXACTLY like the iPhone, every kid is going to get one for Christmas and holding it up to his ear PRETENDING to make calls and making all of us REAL iPhone owners look foolish. And the sad thing is, I was about to call AT&T and cancel my contract, taking the ETF hit and buying something else... but now with the price drop, I would only benefit MAYBE $50... not worth it. Damn this pisses me off. :mad:
Are you kidding me? You buy things to look cool and if a kid has a iPod that looks like an iPhone you're not going to feel cool anymore?

Wow.

tony3d

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
This was a typical Apple stunt. I should have known better! I will never be the first to jump on the Apple cart again!