I got a iPhone 4S

laughjimbo

Bronze
Aug 2, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
I got my new 64gb iPhone 4S today and love it. I already had a 32gb 4 but i have wanted the new 4S because of the better camera and improved internet speeds and i am happy to say that i have noticed an improvement straight away.
I am going to give my old iPhone 4 to my son for his birthday that is coming up soon and to be honest it is only a few months old. I have a new contract for him so i think he will be happy. I can now at last get all my music onto my phone and still have room for apps.
I am in the UK on the Three network and i use my phone tethered to my mbp and i can say that it does run faster so for me this phone is going to be great, i am not too worried about the battery life issues that some people are having as i am nearly always near a power source, either at home, lorry or car so it is not a problem for me.
I will report though on battery life later on.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
.....i am not too worried about the battery life issues that some people are having as i am nearly always near a power source, lorry.....
Your wife/girlfriends name is lorry and she has her own power source? Must be some UK thing we Yanks aren't privy to ;-)

Just kidding, I believe you are referring to a work truck.....
Welcome out from across the pond!

laughjimbo

Bronze
Aug 2, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
Your wife/girlfriends name is lorry and she has her own power source? Must be some UK thing we Yanks aren't privy to ;-)

Just kidding, I believe you are referring to a work truck.....
Welcome out from across the pond!
lol, yes it is a work truck but that really did make me laugh and thanks for the welcome.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Welcome to the eiC!

Congrats on your purchase of a iPhone 4S. You'll see you'll learn something new about it all the time. Your son will love the 4 too! Nice DAD! giving son basically a brand new iPhone 4.

laughjimbo

Bronze
Aug 2, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
Thanks, I like to think that I am a good dad, it will be my sons 16th birthday soon and he is a good kid so I thought he deserves it. My wife already has a iPhone 4 so he's getting it. We got our daughter who is nearly 14 a blackberry 9300 for Christmas and I have to say what an awful phone to use, but she likes it for some reason.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Thanks, I like to think that I am a good dad, it will be my sons 16th birthday soon and he is a good kid so I thought he deserves it. My wife already has a iPhone 4 so he's getting it. We got our daughter who is nearly 14 a blackberry 9300 for Christmas and I have to say what an awful phone to use, but she likes it for some reason.

Sweet 16! GR8 Birthday. He will love this gift. It'll be extra special. Your daughter might end up liking the iPhone once her brother has one too. Mom and Dad meh, but the brother. That might sway her to want one then you might end up with that monster on your hands. Unless she really really loves this Blackberry. I can't see why either, but it might just take one awesome App that she can't get on the Blackberry and then she'll want the iPhone.

I've seen this playout before. Just be prepared. LOL! It might go down.

laughjimbo

Bronze
Aug 2, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
The thing is I have 3 kids, 1 boy and 2 girls and both my girls have got iPod touch 4th gen but all her friends have got blackberrys. I do think sometimes that I could open up my own gadget store as in our house we have 1 pc, 5 windows laptops, I have a MBP 13, one of win laptops is my old one, I also have an iPad 2, my son and one of my daughters still have an iPod nano each, and I have still got a 160gb iPod classic in my car to store all my music from ages ago. I do want to get an iMac for the family and throw the pc away, and maybe new iPad 3 when it arrive and give my current iPad to the wife. We have flat panel TVs in our bedrooms as well as sitting room too just need to get Apple tv next. I am a gadget freak!

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Good Lord! U R A Gadget Freak!

So I guess your daughter isn't missing anything when it comes to the iPhone. Some girls will do what their friends do I suppose.

I have an iMac. I love it! I was so happy to get away from the PC. It was disease ridden with viruses. It was stupid! Its like night and day. iMac beautiful and fast, functional and free of major problems so far. I love it. Will never return to a PC no need to.

Convert your family to Mac if you can. Get rid of the PC's unless you really need them.

laughjimbo

Bronze
Aug 2, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
Yeah she is a typical young girl, the phone is pink! I know what you mean about all things Apple, they look great and just work. I work in the film and tv industry and when you look at what they use, in production you only see MBP never windows machines. My family have windows only because they use them at school so it is familiar for them and my wife is a teacher so they use windows only, I only keep a windows laptop because I repair a lot of windows machines as I used to work in computers many years ago and still do a fair bit of work on them but in comparison they are rubbish and slow and constantly crash, and that is new machines as well as old, nothing like that with Apple products, I have never had a problem with anything Apple! I need to buy more stuff!

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I got my new 64gb iPhone 4S today and love it.
I will report though on battery life later on.
Congratulations on your 64GB 4S! You're going to be a very happy camper! I just got my 16GB 4S on Wednesday and I'm in love. I haven't set it down much. Siri is just great. Things just got even better for Mac and 4S users with an app called "Air Dictate," which allows you to dictate into your text editor on the Mac (I'm not the developer of the app so I'm not trying to throw in a plug for my app or anything:) ).

I've been super delighted with the battery life so far. It's pretty much as good as the 4 I used to have. I thought about waiting for the 5, but I couldn't wait, and I'm happy I didn't!

Sent from your momma.