I Got My Corporate Discount Today!

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
At first I thought I didn't qualify for a corporate discount because I went to AT&T and I was giving them the name of the company I work for and it didn't come up.

Well, it turns out that I needed the PARENT company name to get the discount. Here's a webpage to see if you qualify for the discount: https://www.wireless.att.com/businesss/authenticate/

If you do qualify, write down your company's name as it appears on the website and take it to an AT&T store. You should also bring a recent pay stub. If the account is under your name and you qualify for a discount, you should be able to get that right away. I was able to get the discount and make sure I still qualify for an upgrade to the iPhone 3G this Friday.

I'm so happy! :laugh2:

quib

Jun 30, 2008
When I accessed the ATT corporate online store last week, I couldn't find the iPhone. So, I tried calling a rep from the phone# provided and he said that iPhones doesn't qualify for corporate discounts. Now I'm not sure if that rep really knows or not. So I'll probably do the option you mentioned--which is to go to an ATT dealer in person and see if I can get a discount there. Thanks for the info and wish me luck! I don't mind if I save a couple of bucks, it's still savings :)

I'm curious: how much discount do you get?

At first I thought I didn't qualify for a corporate discount because I went to AT&T and I was giving them the name of the company I work for and it didn't come up.

Well, it turns out that I needed the PARENT company name to get the discount. Here's a webpage to see if you qualify for the discount: https://www.wireless.att.com/businesss/authenticate/

If you do qualify, write down your company's name as it appears on the website and take it to an AT&T store. You should also bring a recent pay stub. If the account is under your name and you qualify for a discount, you should be able to get that right away. I was able to get the discount and make sure I still qualify for an upgrade to the iPhone 3G this Friday.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I didn't even know that student discounts were possible until last night. I went to the site and entered in my University e-mail address and I was told I qualify for a discount. No idea how much yet but pretty cool.

3Guser

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
I know walmart has discounts with att but I don't have a walmart email address.

trido

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007

You are lucky I just called ATT I do have a fan and I do get 24 percent off iPhone rate plan however there is NO discount on the iPhone itself.

Bummer so not sure if FAN are all different or what of course friday I will remind att I have a fan and see what happens.

trido

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm curious: how much discount do you get?
13% discount. I'll take all I can get. :laugh2:

I asked the rep if that was only a discount on the voice plan and she said that it should also discount the data plan, which would be nice. I'll let you know when I get my first iBill. ;)

But, yes, no discount of course on the eventual purchase of the iPhone hardware.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
You are lucky I just called ATT I do have a fan and I do get 24 percent off iPhone rate plan however there is NO discount on the iPhone itself.

Bummer so not sure if FAN are all different or what of course friday I will remind att I have a fan and see what happens.

trido
24% is GREAT, considering the monthly plans are higher this time around and we're getting a deal on the hardware itself.

There was NEVER a discount on the iPhone hardware so just be lucky it is subsidized.

quib

Jun 30, 2008
13% discount. I'll take all I can get. :laugh2:

I asked the rep if that was only a discount on the voice plan and she said that it should also discount the data plan, which would be nice. I'll let you know when I get my first iBill. ;)

But, yes, no discount of course on the eventual purchase of the iPhone hardware.
Hey, that's better than nothing. I'll probably call an ATT store and ask about it when I get the chance, thanks!

Return_of_the_Mac

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
i get a 16% discount on my bill, I'll have to check in and see if they actually apply it to my bill in a couple months. it says it takes like 2 billing cycles for it to take effect.

3Guser

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
i get a 16% discount on my bill, I'll have to check in and see if they actually apply it to my bill in a couple months. it says it takes like 2 billing cycles for it to take effect.
I get 15% after two month.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
congratulations, what are you gettin with the extra money?

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
i have to jobs and i qualify at both
i also qualify with my university email
lol
im a busy man..
but how do i find out which discount is the highest percentage?

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
As long as you have the FAN (Foundation Account Number), you get get the negiotiated businesss discount. With my company's FAN, I get a 15% discount on services as well as hardware (phones, BT headsets, accessories).

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
i typed in my school email and i guess i get a discount. i went to the email and went to the premiere shop, but don't know where to go from there. what do i do?

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
Cal State northridge, i went through the whole process and it said it would take 2 billing cycles, but it didn't give me an exact percentage i would be getting off

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
Cal State northridge, i went through the whole process and it said it would take 2 billing cycles, but it didn't give me an exact percentage i would be getting off
at least you get a discount, ill be going to collage this year but i havnt gotten an email address yet :oops:, does anybody know if i could apply the discount at a later time?

barbie

Bronze
Jul 8, 2008
the driver's seat
I have a FAN discount and I've been told that you do not get a discount on hardware and no discount on the data plan. I'm not sure that I believe that I won't get a discount on the data part but we will see. Also, check out att.com/rewards4u. My husband will get a $25 gift card from ATT for "referring" me. I'm already a customer but I have an old old old blue plan. After we get the card I will combine our accounts so he can get my FAN discount too.

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
i keep calling up i have my fan number on my bill but im not getting my discount i keep calling up and its because i have an iPhone they say... they also said the new iPhone will not allow u to have a discount on your plan as well hmmm

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
congratulations, what are you gettin with the extra money?
I'm going to get the $5/month - 200 texts for starters. If I find that I don't need it, then I'll cancel it. Otherwise, hopefully it'll keep my bill a little cheaper.