I got my new MacBook Air!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I'm not quite sure how I did it since I'm never patient enough to wait for most things, but I held off on purchasing a first-generation Air and just picked up one of the new ones last night! It's the 1.86/128GB SSD model (the only model the stores are getting in stock so far, it seems) and I'm still working on getting it set up (I forgot to get the USB Ethernet dongle, so still haven't transferred stuff from my old MacBook to it).

So far, it's lovely. I love the screen in comparison to my first-gen Blackbook, and it's so nice to have a backlit keyboard again. And I'm impressed at how quiet it is - no hard drive sounds, of course, and hardly any fan noise, even when playing back video. I think they really fixed the fan/heat issues I read about with the first-gen Air.

If all goes well, I'll have my Blackbook up for sale by the end of the weekend - if you're interested in a 2.0 CD/100GB/2GB MacBook with 11 months of extended Applecare warranty left on it still, let me know (or check the Marketplace forum shortly)! ;)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Congrats macgirl! :)

Does your MBA have the new trackpad thing?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
sounds awesome. I'm considering installing a SSD in my MacBook Pro.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Congrats on your purchase, MG! Let's see some pics...

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Cool! I hope it works out for ya.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Thanks, guys! I'm still transferring everything over to it from my MacBook. I tried Migration Assistant first, but that was taking forrreeeevvveeeer, so I just cloned my MacBook's hard drive and am transferring things over manually while browsing.

I still can't get over how quiet this Air is, and it's not getting nearly as hot as my MacBook did! So far, so good!

I got an Incase fitted sleeve for it, will probably do a review of it and take some pictures of my sweet new Air in the process... :)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Congrats! I know that you have been considering this purchase for quite a while. You are patient!

Congrats again!

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Congrats on your purchase, the Air is a lovely machine. I am glad to hear that you are not having any of the heat issues that plagued the 1st Gen Air. Keep us posted on it's performance, I am considering one as well.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Let me be the first to recommend the Invisible Shield. The fit was amazing on the Air and install was easy as pie. There is a thread around somewhere with post-Invisible Shield photos. Shame of it all, was that I ended up removing the shield to return the Air.

Good luck and enjoy it!