I got my phone to work with out using iTunes

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Ok, my phone didn't get activated in the store for the same reasons as everyone else. I have been sitting here trying to activate my phone on iTunes and iTunes just keeps giving me an error message.

soo,

I just hit the home button on my iPhone 3g and the homepage pops up. I can make calls and surf the web and such but I just cant sync my phone yet.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Ok, my phone didn't get activated in the store for the same reasons as everyone else. I have been sitting here trying to activate my phone on iTunes and iTunes just keeps giving me an error message.

soo,

I just hit the home button on my iPhone 3g and the homepage pops up. I can make calls and surf the web and such but I just cant sync my phone yet.
Seems like yours had to have been activated in the store then. I've certainly hit the home button and I'm just getting the picture of the usb connector and the iTunes symbol. Phone has no service.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Seems like yours had to have been activated in the store then. I've certainly hit the home button and I'm just getting the picture of the usb connector and the iTunes symbol. Phone has no service.
Yeah, it had to have been activated otherwise you can't do squat.

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Yeah, it had to have been activated otherwise you can't do squat.
wrong wrong wrong

When I left the store and I hit the home button I got the same screen as you guys did.

Im not saying that I did anything special. Just saying that after I tried iTunes a couple of times the home screen came up.

I know what Im talking about here, I activated my first iPhone from home and know the difference between a phone that hasn't been activated and one that has.

robbys

Feb 25, 2007
SIM card?

Did all of you guys use the SIM card from V1 or are you using the new one that came with the phone?

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
wrong wrong wrong

When I left the store and I hit the home button I got the same screen as you guys did.

Im not saying that I did anything special. Just saying that after I tried iTunes a couple of times the home screen came up.

I know what Im talking about here, I activated my first iPhone from home and know the difference between a phone that hasn't been activated and one that has.
If the phone isn't activated, you can't get voice service. Maybe you successfuly got through to iTunes one of the times you were trying, but didn't notice? Maybe magical Apple fairies came breezing through and you didn't see them?

There is no service to the phone from AT&T until the loop is closed via iTunes.

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Did all of you guys use the SIM card from V1 or are you using the new one that came with the phone?
ahhhh, that might be it. My wife already had a 3g phone(not an iPhone) and they used that simcard. That's probably why its working. I don't know why it is working now and not earlier though. Before I tried to sync it with iTunes I only had the option for an emergency call.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
If the phone isn't activated, you can't get voice service. Maybe you successfuly got through to iTunes one of the times you were trying, but didn't notice? Maybe magical Apple fairies came breezing through and you didn't see them?

I wonder what magical Apple fairies look like. Do they look like Apples with wings? :)

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
wrong wrong wrong

My phone went from the USB/iTunes display to finally showing me the home screen, but I still can't make calls or anything. My phone still says "No Service."

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
My phone went from the USB/iTunes display to finally showing me the home screen, but I still can't make calls or anything. My phone still says "No Service."
"No service"... and yet they'll happily collect payment from you today for voice and data services.

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA

soo,

Same thing here. iTunes wouldn't work, keep getting error and then I noticed my phone was working. But I can't sync either.

Feb 15, 2008
i bought 2 iPhones, one for me and one for my fiance. after 40 minutes of trying to sync one after being sent home, it didn't work and i called it a morning (cause i didn't sleep) and gave up. when i woke up 20 minutes later, the one i was trying worked also but still hasn't been synced. i tried syncing it again, but it still didn't connect to iTunes, BUT its unbricked. so im trying the second iPhone now, but also doesn't connect.

point is, don't make fun of the guy, cause same stuff happened to me

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Same thing here. iTunes wouldn't work, keep getting error and then I noticed my phone was working. But I can't sync either.

Just happened to me a little while ago too. I can make calls and everything. But still can't sync. Guess this will have to do for now til i get home later. :mad:

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007

Guess you were wrong too?