I Got My Refund !

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NitroMan

Jul 6, 2007
I went straight to the Apple store where I bought my iPhone on opening day (Wellington Green Mall in West Palm Beach) first thing this morning when they opened. I asked for the manager and told him I read in several forums that the stores where giving refunds if the phone was bought there. I expected to get a lot of resistance and excuses but to my surprise he said yes, no problem. He said they would have to charge me the 10% restocking fee and I replied that I guess that's the penalty I have to pay for being an early adopter. Well, it got better. He refunded the full price of the original purchase to my credit card, then charged me for a new iPhone using the new price and the same serial number of my existing phone. When he was done the restocking fee was not charged. I thanked him and when I turned around to leave I noticed there was a line behind me waiting to get refunds also. Looks like I may buy more Apple products after all ....

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Honestly I could care less about getting my 200 back....I would rather be without the $200 than have to go to ATT and fight with those idiots who work there. not worth the time or effort.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
I went straight to the Apple store where I bought my iPhone on opening day (Wellington Green Mall in West Palm Beach) first thing this morning when they opened. I asked for the manager and told him I read in several forums that the stores where giving refunds if the phone was bought there. I expected to get a lot of resistance and excuses but to my surprise he said yes, no problem. He said they would have to charge me the 10% restocking fee and I replied that I guess that's the penalty I have to pay for being an early adopter. Well, it got better. He refunded the full price of the original purchase to my credit card, then charged me for a new iPhone using the new price and the same serial number of my existing phone. When he was done the restocking fee was not charged. I thanked him and when I turned around to leave I noticed there was a line behind me waiting to get refunds also. Looks like I may buy more Apple products after all ....
so you bought yours on iday and Apple still gave you a refund..i got mine at an att store..wonder how much luck i would have with them?

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Honestly I could care less about getting my 200 back....I would rather be without the $200 than have to go to ATT and fight with those idiots who work there. not worth the time or effort.
I would be happy if they'd let me trade my 4 gig, dead even for a 8 gig. If they'd do that. I wouldn't complain.

NitroMan

Jul 6, 2007
so you bought yours on iday and Apple still gave you a refund..i got mine at an att store..wonder how much luck i would have with them?
The best thing to do is try if you can. At first I was just going to call but I figured it would be easier for them to give me resistance. I decided to just go there in person expecting the worse and hoping for the best and it worked out. In the end, you have to decide how important $200 is to you and if it's worth your time.

medafor

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
if the iPhone was over your budget you shouldn't have purchased it in the first place. If it was too expensive you should have waited for this price drop.

NitroMan

Jul 6, 2007
if the iPhone was over your budget you shouldn't have purchased it in the first place. If it was too expensive you should have waited for this price drop.
It wasn't over my budget, I could have bought several if I wanted. I just figure it took 30 minutes of my time to make $200. Some people just prefer to throw money away and that's their choice. To each his own.

NitroMan

Jul 6, 2007
Good lord... what job do you have to have to make $400 an hour?!?!?

I REALLY should have paid better attention in school! ;)
I think you misunderstood me. I wish I made $400 an hour but I'm not a lawer or anything like that.

What I meant was that it took 30 minutes out of my day to go to the Apple store and get my $200 refund. So you could say that I made $200 for 30 minutes work. If I had not received the refund, then I wasted 30 minutes of my day, but life goes on.

I think you misunderstood me. I wish I made $400 an hour but I'm not a lawer or anything like that.

What I meant was that it took 30 minutes out of my day to go to the Apple store and get my $200 refund. So you could say that I made $200 for 30 minutes work. If I had not received the refund, then I wasted 30 minutes of my day, but life goes on.
Nuts... then I guess I should tear up my letter of resignation then! ;)

Thanks for clearing that up.

prolix21

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I would be happy if they'd let me trade my 4 gig, dead even for a 8 gig. If they'd do that. I wouldn't complain.
and i'd be happy if BMW would swap me my 2006 330i for a 2007 335i. i mean, come on. only a year and they come out with a completely new model. what a-holes!

you people are unbelievable.

kashbo25

Bronze
May 24, 2007
West Palm Beach Florida
This is a Lie BC I live in West Palm Beach and I bought my iPhone @ ATT I talked with them and them I called both Apple Stores 1 in the gardens mall and 1 in the Wellington Green Mall; I asked them if they would give me a refund they told no due to the fact that I bought my phone on Iday but the are willing to give me a 100 store credit Next week once they get a final response from steve jobs and his supporting co workers.

NitroMan

Jul 6, 2007
This is a Lie BC I live in West Palm Beach and I bought my iPhone @ ATT I talked with them and them I called both Apple Stores 1 in the gardens mall and 1 in the Wellington Green Mall; I asked them if they would give me a refund they told no due to the fact that I bought my phone on Iday but the are willing to give me a 100 store credit Next week once they get a final response from steve jobs and his supporting co workers.
I have no reason to lie and I could care less if anyone believes me or not. I'm only posting this for anyone in my area who would like to get a refund.

The reason I went to the store where I bought the phone (Wellington Green Mall Apple store, not ATT store) in person is because I figured they would give me the same BS answer they gave you over the phone, and anyone else that's to lazy to go there in person. I challenge you to go there in person and ask the manager if he did or did not give customers full refunds this morning at 10:00 am when they opened, then come back here and let us know what he said.

If you live in the area and he denies it, let me know and I will be glad to go down there with you and my receipt, then both of you can call me a liar to my face ...

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
and i'd be happy if BMW would swap me my 2006 330i for a 2007 335i. i mean, come on. only a year and they come out with a completely new model. what a-holes!

you people are unbelievable.
i completely agree, but i got the 335 so im happy, but i know that they screwed over the 330 guys with coming out the 335, sorry man

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I have no reason to lie and I could care less if anyone believes me or not. I'm only posting this for anyone in my area who would like to get a refund.

The reason I went to the store where I bought the phone (Wellington Green Mall Apple store, not ATT store) in person is because I figured they would give me the same BS answer they gave you over the phone, and anyone else that's to lazy to go there in person. I challenge you to go there in person and ask the manager if he did or did not give customers full refunds this morning at 10:00 am when they opened, then come back here and let us know what he said.

If you live in the area and he denies it, let me know and I will be glad to go down there with you and my receipt, then both of you can call me a liar to my face ...
It could be true, remember he got a refund the day after people got refunds all day and before Jobs said anything about a $100 Refund.