i got some typing practice today -.-

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
so school starts for me next week and i thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and put my schedule in the good ol' iPhone just so i can see it whenever i need to and add "notes" about projects/tests/etc.

unfortunately it wasn't as easy as i had hoped.

so in college(depending on where you go) your scheduling is usually something like MWF(monday wednesday friday) or TTH(tuesday thursday) classes. this semester i'm taking 13hours so i have two classes every day of the week. i was hoping there was some sort of "copy and paste" function that would let me copy these classes onto their respective days but there isn't ;_;

instead, i got to type them in for every day which seemed to take forever.

What Apple needs to fix:
- fix the "repeat" function so that i can i select which days i would like this event on, and not be limited to only Mondays for example.

-also i became more annoyed with the "scroller" that you choose times/dates with etc. i mean this thing can land on a space BETWEEN :00 and :05.. what is that?! lol. and i'm guessing that people in Cupertino don't have every minute on their watch because i can't set a time for 12:01(i don't really need to, but what if i was that anal retentive!).

either way i still love the iPhone even if it lacks some of the functionally.

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I don't know if Windows has a calendar program, but on macs, we can just type like classes in for a certain day in iCal and have them repeat the whole semester. Syncs flawlessly with iPhone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You might try putting your schedule in Outlook and then syncing with your iPhone. Might save you some typing on the iPhone.

I think Outlook's calendar app is a little more functional than the iPhone's at this point.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i don't use the iPhone calendar, i use goggle calendar, that has the repeat thing...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The iPhone can repeat events. Just choose Repeat> and select the time when creating an event.

- John

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
This one is easy... All you do is.. say, you have class on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays (i think thats what you said you have) you do your event for monday, have it repeat weekly, do your event for wednesday (have it repeat weekly), and do your event for friday and have it repeat weekly

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
This one is easy... All you do is.. say, you have class on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays (i think thats what you said you have) you do your event for monday, have it repeat weekly, do your event for wednesday (have it repeat weekly), and do your event for friday and have it repeat weekly
that's what i did but it was still more than i wanted to do. since i have two classes every day i had to retype them for mon-fri. i did only have to do it for only one week but still, annoying.