I gots me some ringtones!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I don't know if this has been posted, but I just got a bunch of custom ringtones on my phone using this guide:

http://www.iphonealley.com/news/gui...-to-your-iphone

This guide is much easier to follow than the other one I saw posted here (the one on hacktheiPhone.com). Most importantly, you can still sync after making these modifications. I was sure to test this several times, and I had no problems at all. As long as you follow this guide to the letter you *shouldn't* have any problems!

I also have a bunch of ringtones in m4a format if anyone wants them.

I have:

Soul Coughing - Bus to Beelzebub
Chewbacca making some noise
A Perfect Circle - Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums
Dust Brothers - This is Your Life (Featuring Tyler Durden)
The Smashing Pumpkins - The Everlasting Gaze
Frou Frou - Let Go
Sunny Day Real Estate - One
Muse - Starlight

PM me if you want any of these.

I also changed the AT&T logo to read "pwn3d" using the included PNG file, but I'm probably gonna make a custom one tonight once I get home (I am doing this all at work today, yay for slow days! :-P).

I was playing around in the directories, it looks like there's a bunch of other stuff you can probably change too... lots of PNG files and I think I read somewhere the alert tones are in AIFF files on there.

Just a heads up, that guide works perfectly (assuming you're running a Mac) for customizing the phone. I am quite the happy camper right now :-D

Good luck, and happy modding,

Dan

Iwantmymtv35

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I did this as well, but I want to figure out how to change the background where all the widgets are. Like Safari, and stuff like that.

Congrats...Im glad you didn't "brick" your iPhone ..

Yes yes, me too! There were several times during the process where I was holding my breath, which is great because it then gave me an opportunity to let out a sign of relief ;)

I just got my 8GB yesterday (returned the 4 and traded up), so if it bricked to the point I couldn't even restore it I could've just taken it back :-P

All in all, I am very pleased with this phone. Now that I have custom ringers, my main beef is the lack of a flash and java plugin for Safari.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Yeah same here but good thing they announced about 1 or 2 Weeks ago that Flash support will be comming very soon.

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
did anyone else try this method?
no offense but i would like more then one successful attempt from diff. people before i risk it!