I Graduated to Genius! (Reveal)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ZR_Yancy, Sep 27, 2009.

1. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Here it goes!

My name is Yancy. I was born in Cebu City Philippines. My parents came to the U.S. when I was 6 years old. I'm 1 of 5 children. 3 brother &* sister. Being the middle child, I pretty much learned how to stay out of trouble & fend for myself. I guess it has helped me become more independent & responsible than my siblings because they still tend to mooch from our parents every once in a while. I've been back to the Philippines several times & I still can't get used to the culture. But then again, I only visit for a week at a time so I guess that's not enough time to get acclimated. Don't get me wrong. I love the Philippines. It's a wonderful place to visit. A US dollar goes a long way over there. I don't recall ever having to adjust when my family arrived here. We first lived in Pasadena, moved to Kansas and finally, Florida.

I love all kinds of music. My friends think I'm a music buff. Anytime they can't figure out lyrics, artist names, album names, song names, etc, they always run to me. They're always attempting to stump me. I favor the 80's music since that decade really had a big impression on me with the introduction of MTV(when it still showed music videos). I was in band & chorus from junior high through high school. Started out playing the alto sax & then moved to the drumline in the high school marching band. You'd be astonished with all the crazy things that happened during band camp...lol. Those majorettes,* color guards & dancers are not as innocent as you may think. I also have a karaoke machine & fire it up during party's and gatherings. I still can't sing , though.

I also love the great outdoors. Particularly, the beach. When I was in high school, my bothers & I were in the surfing scene. We would paddle out from sunrise to sunset. It didn't matter what the weather was like. If sets were rolling in, we were there rain or shine. We actually enjoyed surfing right after a hard rain because the water would be really glassy. Our mom finally got us wet suits because she got worried we would freeze to death surfing during the winter season. We would surf in water so cold, we would get instant headaches every time we duck dive. Equivalent to brain freezes. We're always drawn to the coast.

I also love speed. You could say I'm an addict. I've owned several sportbikes throughout the years. My last was a Suzuki GSX-R 1000. I've also owned sports cars. My current weekend fun is a 350Z roadster, hence my forum name. It's not the fastest but it sure is fun. I could never get a car that will give me the same rush as a sportbike. Here's a video I made on one of our group rides with a tank camera. Don't worry, we only rode like this because I had a camera on my bike. If you notice, traffic is almost none existent because we planned our route to avoid any traffic for this video.

I married my high school sweetheart shortly after graduating high school. Unfortunately, it only lasted for approximately 5 years. We just got married too early & as we got older, we realized we were better off as friends. We're still friends. No children involved. Thank God.*

My first job was at Discovery Zone if anybody still remembers that place. I'm now employed by what used to be the largest financial corporation in the world. I'm sure ya'll can figure that out. I've worked from the Client Services Department to IT. Now, I do risk assessment for the company. Been with them for about 11 years.*

Well, that's my reveal. I'm glad to be part of the EiC family.

2. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Nice reveal Yancy. Happy to have you here and I enjoyed reading your post. You have always contributed so much here. I think I first saw your posts over on the photography section.

3. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

It's really good to have you here, Yancy. I'm sorry it didn't work out with your highschool sweet heart, but exactly, you both were just too young at the time. I don't know how old you are but from that picture you look really young, like a 19 year old or even younger. I am not a fan of sportbikes and I'd never ride one but I hope you ride it safely all the time because crashing with one of those things is horrible. I love the 350Z. I love Japanese car in general, but specifically Nissan, you might know why. How much does a 350Z cost there, by the way?

4. Bitewound

Bitewound Evangelist
    Gold

Good reveal:eek:k:eek:k

5. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

Woot. It's great to have another Florida Genius in the mix :eek:k:eek:k. Awesome reveal Yancy. Does the rest of your family live in Florida now too?

Also, are you going to the Florida/Georgia game in Jacksonville?

6. AdrianCubed

AdrianCubed Zealot
    Gold

Congrats if you get the money would you trade up to the new Fairlady Z?

7. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

lol Thanks! I'll take that as a compliment. I'm 35. I have a baby face & everybody that I first meet think & a lot younger.

Brand new for a 350Z roadster ran around $35K - $40K. I got mine for half that but it was used. It is a 2005 model & I made the purchase in 2007.

8. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I prefer the 350Z roadster design over the new 370Z roadster but I love the new technology & power of the new 370Z over the 350Z.

9. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

Haha yeah, you certainly look younger than that, and that's definitely a good thing. It helps you with the girls, doesn't it? :eek:k:eek:k

Wow man that's an awesome price. I wish those cars were around that price here. The more I read here about the prices of cars in the US makes me sick of where I am living. But I'm hoping Egypt will cut down the taxes soon as they are about 200% for most cars I think, more than double their price, but they said that's going to change by the end of this year so I am hoping for the best.

10. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

2 of my brothers & my sister are still here in JAX. My parents & oldest brother resides in Kansas.

I want to but it just gets so crazy. I usually go to party's with friends & family & enjoy the game on TV. I try to stay away from the roads. Too many people drinking & driving.

11. seanwes

seanwes Zealot
    Gold

Great reveal Yancy. It's good to have you here. That bike ride was sick.

12. AdrianCubed

AdrianCubed Zealot
    Gold

Does the Fairlady have any mods?

13. evolution83

evolution83 Zealot
    Gold

Nice to have you here buddy. Sorry things didn't work out with your wife at the time. You're still young and there's always plenty of time to settle down later.

I should race you with my car one day, haha. :)

14. AdrianCubed

AdrianCubed Zealot
    Gold

What do you drive?

15. evolution83

evolution83 Zealot
    Gold

2009 Honda Civic Si
    . I have a 4 door though, and I never knew how much nicer the 2 doors look since I never really had a chance to check them out until AFTER I bought my car. Kinda bugs me every time I see one....grrrr.

I don't really have a need for four door since I don't have my own family, but, oh well. :(

[​IMG]

16. connie

connie Evangelist
    Gold

Nice reveal! :)

17. AdrianCubed

AdrianCubed Zealot
    Gold

Really cool.

18. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

Nice Honda! Awesome.

19. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Great reveal, Yancy! I really appreciate all your input around here... especially the beautiful iPhone photography. You're one of the best here at that, in my opinion.

20. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

Yay! Welcome, Yancy. And congratulations, that was definitely an interesting read and it's great to have you around as well.