I guess I'm going to restore....

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I'm having so many problems with the jailbreak. The first two days were fine...but right now my phone isn't working. I can receive and pick up calls, but when i pick up the calls the speakerphone option is already highlighted, but its not really on speakerphone. I can't hear anything on my phone end...but my house phone can here me speaking into my phone. If i unhighlight the speakerphone it goes off and if i try to press it again to turn it on it will highlight while my finger is on it and then it will turn off again once i move my finger off of it...

any know whats going on? i don't want to unjailbreak, but if i don't have a phone then i will restore

EDIT: What i'm realizing is none of my sound is working on my phone at all. I don't know why this is. I installed customize and then uninstalled it. I also installed the beta addon's and when i installed it they said they were going to switch settings but would go back to the original when i uninstalled...when i uninstalled it did announce my settings were going back to normal. So i don't understand why the sound isn't working. In General>Sounds all the sounds are on....

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
At the risk of incurring someone else's wrath, I would have to say restore. Unless someone else has any other suggestions, a restore would be a safe bet. I know, all that hassle of re-jailbreaking and such, but I don't feel you have much choice. Maybe you should try uninstalling ALL of your 3rd party apps. I mean everything, then reboot the phone, see what happens. Maybe an app is causing some sort of conflict. Try that before restoring. Good luck!

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Yeah i just restored and everything is working again. I'll probably jailbreak again though because i miss it already...i'm sure i just changed something or downloaded something that caused the mess up.

KTORRES1120

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
I had the exact same problem after I Jbroke mine. I had to restore back to 1.1.3 and everything is working again. I have a feeling that everything was working fine right after I completed the Jbreak but then after installing some 3rd party apps from installer, it went downhill from there. I'm gonna wait until I try that again....

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
yeah...i think i'll rejailbreak later today, but i'm going to avoid customize...i didn't have a problem or anything with apollo, isolitaire or summerboard and i kind want those back on my phone