I guess the data plan price didn't change?

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Rumors gave way to reality.

When I reserved a 3Gs online @ Apple, the data plan was still $30. $20 unlimited texts.

I'm still very curious as to whether or not MMS will be tacked on separately in price.

And $70 tethering/data plan doesn't seem tooooo bad. It's $20 below Wireless Connect and you don't need another line.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
apparently ATT will not support tethering.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
the 3.0 Beta has rendered my tethering via NetShare obsolete so there better be something there to fix it in the GM 3.0.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Youngbinks, you can still JB and use PDANet.

I'm pretty sure the lowest minutes plan dropped $10, from $40 to $30.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Youngbinks, you can still JB and use PDANet.
Yeah I know but I got NetShare legitimately through iTunes, so that's what is bother me, especially if I don't get a refund for the money I paid for the App.

I'll likely Jailbreak and use PDANet however in the meantime.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You're going to me mad about $10, lol! You were one of the lucky few to get and I'm sure you got way more than your moneys worth, right?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You're going to me mad about $10, lol! You were one of the lucky few to get and I'm sure you got way more than your moneys worth, right?
So why don't you just send me $10 then if it doesn't mean much? Obviously it isn't about the money. It's about the principle. I bought something legitimately through the iTunes store so if Apple renders the application useless I should be refunded. That's a rather simple thing to do.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
ATT lowered the 450min plan from 40 to 34 dollars a month.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So why don't you just send me $10 then if it doesn't mean much? Obviously it isn't about the money. It's about the principle. I bought something legitimately through the iTunes store so if Apple renders the application useless I should be refunded. That's a rather simple thing to do.
Principle? You used it for a year! It's not like it's in "like new" or "brand new" condition so I don't see why you would expect a refund. I would feel lucky if I got to use it for a year for 10 bucks. I kicked myself in the butt for not buying it when I had the chance.

Bottom Line: I doubt it had this guarantee when you bought it; This product will last forever. If you use it for a year and then an Apple FW update or AT&T somehow renders it useless, we will gladly refund your money. So, you're crying over spilled milk.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Principle? You used it for a year! It's not like it's in "like new" or "brand new" condition so I don't see why you would expect a refund. I would feel lucky if I got to use it for a year for 10 bucks. I kicked myself in the butt for not buying it when I had the chance.

Bottom Line: I doubt it had this guarantee when you bought it; This product will last forever. If you use it for a year and then an Apple FW update or AT&T somehow renders it useless, we will gladly refund your money. So, you're crying over spilled milk.
So if you buy Office 2009 for Mac and it stops working in 2010, you'd be fine with that? Clearly we think differently and for that I am happy. Too bad you didn't buy NetShare but have fun paying the $70 tethering plan.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it's quite common for stuff like that to happen.

tons of programs designed for XP don't work on Vista, so some people shunned Vista. Even microsoft-designed stuff like Office (pre-2003).

Just one example...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, the developer of the app can't be held to make the app work in every major incarnation of an operating system...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Too true but one has to wonder if with the allowance of tethering with the new 3.0 firmware is Apple purposely blocked a particular tethering-allowing app. I'm sure we'll never know.

Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys.. stupid question.. maybe you guys can help...

I'm browsing my plan, and the "options" that I have.. I currently have 900 anytime minutes, of which I rarely use more than 400... and I only use about 2000 night and weekend minutes... okay, but that's not my issue... i'd rather be unrestricted on the nights and weekends, because I go through feast or famine spells, with regard to my talking...

my problem is the DATA.. I currently have the ($45) Enterprise Data Plan for iPhone... my question is.. why do I need this?

I currently have a 1 Push email account (through Mail2Web), and 3 Gmail accounts set up on my phone... naturally, the Push account is immediate synching... the Gmails are in 15 minute intervals...

Do I really need to have that Enterprise Data plan? Or can I drop to the cheaper ($30) regular "Data Plan for iPhone"?

also, if someone would be so kind as to explain the differences in the two.... would I lose any functionality if I switched to the cheaper of the two... have I just been giving AT&T an extra $15 per month... for nothing? LOL

I DO NOT get my corporate emails on my iPhone, because I paid for it with my own personal money... If they want me to get corporate email on it, they'd need to eat the phone cost, AND the monthly bill..

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Is there anyway to "refinance" this for 3G users? If i can pay 34bucks instead of 40 for my 450mins i'd like to adjust this asap.
Mine changed itself. Look on wireless.att.com

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hey guys.. stupid question.. maybe you guys can help...

I'm browsing my plan, and the "options" that I have.. I currently have 900 anytime minutes, of which I rarely use more than 400... and I only use about 2000 night and weekend minutes... okay, but that's not my issue... i'd rather be unrestricted on the nights and weekends, because I go through feast or famine spells, with regard to my talking...

my problem is the DATA.. I currently have the ($45) Enterprise Data Plan for iPhone... my question is.. why do I need this?

I currently have a 1 Push email account (through Mail2Web), and 3 Gmail accounts set up on my phone... naturally, the Push account is immediate synching... the Gmails are in 15 minute intervals...

Do I really need to have that Enterprise Data plan? Or can I drop to the cheaper ($30) regular "Data Plan for iPhone"?

also, if someone would be so kind as to explain the differences in the two.... would I lose any functionality if I switched to the cheaper of the two... have I just been giving AT&T an extra $15 per month... for nothing? LOL

I DO NOT get my corporate emails on my iPhone, because I paid for it with my own personal money... If they want me to get corporate email on it, they'd need to eat the phone cost, AND the monthly bill..
You shouldn't need a corporate plan unless your businesss pays for your service.

Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Thanks, I just went online and changed it..

Turns out I've been getting dryhumped for an extra $15 per month for nothing.. AT&T could have noticed this and told me, but who expects a company look out for their customers best interest...

the Enterprise Data Plan was what they added when I initially copped the iPhone.. Not sure why, but oh well.. They got me for 3 months of an extra $15...