I Had To Laugh At This...

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I saw that. As a MacBook Air owner, I completely disagree with him, of course. ;) I wanted a Mac that weighed less than my MacBook, and this is it. It's perfect for what I need and not having a built-in optical drive isn't an issue for me 99% of the time.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have to agree with Marianne as well. I got a MBA for the portability. I got tired of lugging around "huge" laptops that felt like I was hauling a desktop everywhere I went.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that guy's kindof a judgmental twat, isn't he? Linux makes you look like a jerk, huh? not many people even know what it is (he even had to explain it in the article), so how can they think you're a jerk if you're using it?

I do agree with him about blueteeth, TiVo, and Segways, though.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
that guy's kindof a judgmental twat, isn't he? Linux makes you look like a jerk, huh? not many people even know what it is (he even had to explain it in the article), so how can they think you're a jerk if you're using it?

I do agree with him about blueteeth, TiVo, and Segways, though.
I'm sorry, Hippo, but I think he nailed it pretty well...:)

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I think he's right on for segways bluetooth headsets and sorry to say it but macbook airs. I just don't see how a macbook can inconvenience someone so much that they have to drop a few hundred more dollars on a less capable computer.

So in my office I've got a desktop full of systems, a quad core Vista box running my weather station online, my MBP for the majority of my needs, and a older Gateway convertable Tablet Vista system just for grins. Downstairs I have another old Dell Inspiron laptop in Sandi's sewing room. When Sandi wanted her own laptop an Air was the perfect choice. It gave us a great portable traveling system when either of us goes out of town, and the lack of a drive is no problem since it lives on our network with several shared optical drives to choose from. Its plenty powerful enough for her needs. Poo on MSNBC. We think its skittles cool.

Aug 29, 2008
I love self indulgent crap, this guy is either a genius or a *********(likely the second, but hey, I don't judge as quickly as he does)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
no kidding. funny how not owning these gadgets does not necessarily guarantee that you are not a jerk.