i hate AT&T (need to vent)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sto907

Sep 1, 2007
Anchorage, ALASKA
:mad: It's a bummer that to have the iPhone, we're stuck with AT&T, i was previously with CellularOne, and switched to AT&T to get the iPhone, i'm extremely happy with my iPhone, but AT&T SUUCKS! I only had my iPhone less than 24 hours, and the deactivated my sim card, and switch to my previous phone, after two days of arguing and fighting with them, they "fixed the problem" and the fact my iPhone still said "no service" was an Apple problem, so after talking to several AT&T reps, i got transferred to Apple, no problem with the phone, so i called AT&T once again, and nothing but being transferred and put on hold, FINALLY, after a week of this nonsense, someone finally figured out that they never reactivated the sim card, and that i need to go buy one myself, and after fighting with them again because of a mistake THEY made, i finally got someone to send me one for free three days later, but sent that sim card to the wrong address, and then after reps more worried about changing my text messaging plan and other stuff that had nothing to do with my situation, i got another one sent to the right address, and it's on it way. THEN a lady called to verify the address, and argued that the sim card CANNOT be removed and that this was pointless, and said that i'm S.O.L., so i said that it could be removed from the top, and she rudely interrupted me and said "no, it can't (with a very rude attitude) but whatever" and repeated the address, and said "there, it's being sent, have a nice day" and hung up. I'm very disappointed that an awesome product from Apple would be combined with such ignorant, and rude people. I needed to vent because AT&T doesn't seem interested in listening. Also, AT&T said this has happened multiply times. C'mon Apple, you could've done better with the carrier.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
:mad: It's a bummer that to have the iPhone, we're stuck with AT&T, i was previously with CellularOne, and switched to AT&T to get the iPhone, i'm extremely happy with my iPhone, but AT&T SUUCKS! I only had my iPhone less than 24 hours, and the deactivated my sim card, and switch to my previous phone, after two days of arguing and fighting with them, they "fixed the problem" and the fact my iPhone still said "no service" was an Apple problem, so after talking to several AT&T reps, i got transferred to Apple, no problem with the phone, so i called AT&T once again, and nothing but being transferred and put on hold, FINALLY, after a week of this nonsense, someone finally figured out that they never reactivated the sim card, and that i need to go buy one myself, and after fighting with them again because of a mistake THEY made, i finally got someone to send me one for free three days later, but sent that sim card to the wrong address, and then after reps more worried about changing my text messaging plan and other stuff that had nothing to do with my situation, i got another one sent to the right address, and it's on it way. THEN a lady called to verify the address, and argued that the sim card CANNOT be removed and that this was pointless, and said that i'm S.O.L., so i said that it could be removed from the top, and she rudely interrupted me and said "no, it can't (with a very rude attitude) but whatever" and repeated the address, and said "there, it's being sent, have a nice day" and hung up. I'm very disappointed that an awesome product from Apple would be combined with such ignorant, and rude people. I needed to vent because AT&T doesn't seem interested in listening. Also, AT&T said this has happened multiply times. C'mon Apple, you could've done better with the carrier.

Wow, sorry to hear bout your horrible luck. I love AT&T, they have done more for me than I would have ever imagined, but I completely understand your situation. Those reps were particularly rude, and they seemed to have ruined your iPhone experience :(.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Did you ever consider walking into the local AT&T store where they could have immediately swapped out the SIM?

Also, for future reference, paragraphs are your friend.

sto907

Sep 1, 2007
Anchorage, ALASKA
Did you ever consider walking into the local AT&T store where they could have immediately swapped out the SIM?

Also, for future reference, paragraphs are your friend.

That is why it was so much trouble because I'm currently in Alaska working and there isn't an AT&T here yet, and also, I didn't know this was English class.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I would have slapped that ATT represntative that said SIM cant be removed and said "Don't talk about stuff you don't know, fool". lol atleast in the end it worked out for you. we had a question with our bill and when we called ATT, the customer service was very good, little wait time so I have never experienced anything bad with ATT.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
It's not English class just a friendly reminder that will make for easier reading of your posts.

I suppose that you already know that the iPhone is not officially available in Alaska (probably adding to your difficulty)? And that if you spend more than 40 or 50% of your time roaming that AT&T can cancel your account?

sto907

Sep 1, 2007
Anchorage, ALASKA
It's not English class just a friendly reminder that will make for easier reading of your posts.

I suppose that you already know that the iPhone is not officially available in Alaska (probably adding to your difficulty)? And that if you spend more than 40 or 50% of your time roaming that AT&T can cancel your account?

Yeah, CellularOne was actually bought by AT&T, i supposed you've heard, but currently it ain't here yet. I live in Pennsylvania, but come up to Alaska a lot for work, and they said it wouldn't be no problem as long as i return to the coverage area once every 6 months, so hopefully they weren't lying about that. So until AT&T <b>does</b> make it to Alaska, let's hope i have no other problems! wish me luck!

& I don't mean to make AT&T sound THAT horrible, because there was, or course, a couple, and i mean a couple, very helpful and informative people, but the majority were very rude and ignorant of the entire situation. And also, one lady told me to get INTERNATIONAL roaming, because Alaska was not a state... I laughed because even a third grader knows Alaska IS a state.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I do wish you luck and hope that you were told correctly (really I do!) but this is from the AT&T Terms and Conditions for the iPhone.

Off-net Usage: If your minutes of use (including unlimited services) on other carrier networks ("off-net usage") during any two consecutive months exceed your off-net usage allowance, AT&T may, at its option, terminate your service, deny your continued use of other carriers¿ coverage, or change your plan to one imposing usage charges for off-net usage. Your off-net usage allowance is equal to the lesser of 750 minutes or 40% of the Anytime Minutes included with your plan. AT&T will provide notice it intends to take any of the above actions, and you may terminate the agreement.

And BTW, I too have to wonder what kind of people AT&T hires if the rep didn't know that Alaska was a part of the US :)

Good luck and please let us know how it works out for you!

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I too am not pleased with ATT -- right from the night mare get go of Day 1 purchase and activation to now with their horrible lack of coverage. Just yesterday my work took me to an all day job in a locale with No Service the entire day. Thankfully, I have maintained a backup Alltel phone as we travel frequently to my wifey's home and pretty much that entire county is without ATT coverage -- the whole town is on Alltel. I had full bar Alltel coverage all day. The folks I was working for laughed about it saying yup, if you want to talk out here in this golf course and subdivision you get Alltel. One Verizon guy said he found a certain specific spot on the whole course where he could get a signal. Even inside my home I only get 2-3 bars often.

mclemm

Sep 9, 2007
I would have slapped that ATT represntative that said SIM cant be removed and said "Don't talk about stuff you don't know, fool". lol atleast in the end it worked out for you. we had a question with our bill and when we called ATT, the customer service was very good, little wait time so I have never experienced anything bad with ATT.
yes, you're right they can I even took mine out and put in my razor and it worked. mclemm:cool: