I hate iOS 7!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 21, 2013
Does anyone else wish they could downgrade to ios 6? I have always been a Apple fan but the new ios look makes me want to switch to a Droid. Does anyone know when Apple may release another update for ios 7?

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What don't you like about it besides the look? 7.1 will be released soon, but it doesn't change the look. This design is here to stay for a while. I got over what I didn't like about the look a long time ago. I care about functionality and iOS has more features than iOS so I don't want to go back. It still has a couple bugs that need to be worked out, but other than that I'm happy with it.

Dec 21, 2013
I like the functionality but the translucent look I can't stand. The battery life has dropped dramatically as well despite turning off some things and adjusting the screen brightness.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The battery life should be about the same. You might want to restore if it's consistently dramatically decreased.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I like the functionality but the translucent look I can't stand. The battery life has dropped dramatically as well despite turning off some things and adjusting the screen brightness.

Sent using iCafe app
I wasn't thrilled with the new look either. Too much white with thin gray lines. I prefer textures and shadows. But I've gotten used to it some. I do like most of the new features. That's made the update worthwhile for me.

Sent using iCafe app

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
If battery life is your main issue, you might want to try Europa's tip and restore the phone. I have always installed each new version of iOS as it came out onto my iPhone 5 and my battery life seems to have gotten slightly better with the iOS 7 versions.

Dec 21, 2013
Also my iTunes is messed up since the new update. My album artwork has become mixed up with the wrong albums. To my knowledge I have tried everything to fix it besides doing a hard restore. I want ios 6 back!

Sent using my iPhone 5

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I just read on Reddit someone's complaint regarding OS 7 on the 4. A responder suggested turning on "reduce motion" and "increase contrast" in accessibility. I just made those changes on my iPad 2 and my 4s and it does seem to respond more smoothly and looks "better" particularly on the iPad. Time will tell.
YMMV

Sent using iCafe app

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I just read on Reddit someone's complaint regarding OS 7 on the 4. A responder suggested turning on "reduce motion" and "increase contrast" in accessibility. I just made those changes on my iPad 2 and my 4s and it does seem to respond more smoothly and looks "better" particularly on the iPad. Time will tell.
YMMV
I just tested "Increase Contrast" and it does disable the translucency.

@wreckedveteran, you can enable it here: Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast