I hate iOS 7!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by wreckedveteran, Dec 21, 2013.

1. wreckedveteran

wreckedveteran New Member

Does anyone else wish they could downgrade to ios 6? I have always been a Apple fan but the new ios look makes me want to switch to a Droid. Does anyone know when Apple may release another update for ios 7?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What don't you like about it besides the look? 7.1 will be released soon, but it doesn't change the look. This design is here to stay for a while. I got over what I didn't like about the look a long time ago. I care about functionality and iOS has more features than iOS so I don't want to go back. It still has a couple bugs that need to be worked out, but other than that I'm happy with it.

3. wreckedveteran

I like the functionality but the translucent look I can't stand. The battery life has dropped dramatically as well despite turning off some things and adjusting the screen brightness.

Sent using iCafe app

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The battery life should be about the same. You might want to restore if it's consistently dramatically decreased.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I wasn't thrilled with the new look either. Too much white with thin gray lines. I prefer textures and shadows. But I've gotten used to it some. I do like most of the new features. That's made the update worthwhile for me.

Sent using iCafe app

6. Nrevezzo

Nrevezzo Member
    Bronze

I'm waiting for the jailbreak. I'm sure one of the themes will be the iOS6 look.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I so cannot wait for a jaikbreak. I like to be on the latest iOS but right now I'm stuck on 6.1.2 as I want to keep jaikbreak.

8. denzel1989

denzel1989 Member
    Bronze

I kinda like iOS 7. It's more vibrant and stands out better.

#8 denzel1989, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2013
  9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I hate the lag between some actions with a passion. What ticks me off is that this isn't lag caused by a bad balance between hardware and software but an intentional lag.

10. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

If battery life is your main issue, you might want to try Europa's tip and restore the phone. I have always installed each new version of iOS as it came out onto my iPhone 5 and my battery life seems to have gotten slightly better with the iOS 7 versions.

11. wreckedveteran

Also my iTunes is messed up since the new update. My album artwork has become mixed up with the wrong albums. To my knowledge I have tried everything to fix it besides doing a hard restore. I want ios 6 back!

Sent using my iPhone 5

12. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I just read on Reddit someone's complaint regarding OS 7 on the 4. A responder suggested turning on "reduce motion" and "increase contrast" in accessibility. I just made those changes on my iPad 2 and my 4s and it does seem to respond more smoothly and looks "better" particularly on the iPad. Time will tell.
    YMMV

Sent using iCafe app

#12 MrMike6by9, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I just tested "Increase Contrast" and it does disable the translucency.

@wreckedveteran, you can enable it here: Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast

14. wreckedveteran

Thank you. That did help

Sent using my iPhone 5