I hate iTunes now! Who's with me?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by jerni, Feb 22, 2013.

1. jerni

jerni Member
    Bronze

I don't get it. Why?!? I guess the change was too drastic for me. And syncing my iPad is taking for ever. And I want to know why it says my ipad is 20gb over capacity with "other" wtf is the "other" so i can delete it. People enlighten me!

2. jerni

jerni Member
    Bronze

Ok seriously someone help me I can't stare at iTunes any longer... Actually says over capacity 8.22 gbs with "other" all I could think to do is delete some songs I don't listen to because I transferred my whole music library onto my ipad. It all fit so why not. So I weeded some of that out I only had 3 videos that came out to 9gbs I delete one brought it to 7gbs. WHAT IS "OTHER" AND HOW DO I DELETE IT?

3. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Search the "other" topic here on this forum. I'm no expert at iTunes, but that's a topic that has been discussed many times before. I believe Other files are mail, texts, app data that is unique to you, ect.

Most have had success by removing all data from the phone to make it out of the box fresh; then restoring from an iTunes back up.

I rarely use iTunes so search this topic out here at the eiC and on the Apple support page.

Sent using iCafe app

4. jerni

jerni Member
    Bronze

Arg. Thanks.

5. jerni

jerni Member
    Bronze

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1361599707.646862.jpg

The math doesn't add up. iPad says I have 10gb then iTunes says I have nothing. I've been fooling with this for hours now and I don't want to restore and start over. What am I not seeing what am I doing wrong?

Sent using iCafe app

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The easiest way to fix this is to restore to factory settings and resync your media and apps. Your contacts, notes, calendars and bookmarks can be synced back on through iCloud (I'm not referring to an iCloud/iTunes backup - you'll want to avoid using a backup in this case). You'll lose your texts and game saves (unless you save them with a jailbreak), but it will fix the problem with the other section being too big. The other section is for mail, texts, jailbreak data and files, and a few other things, but it's also for the operating system, which is more than 1 GB. Yours might be large because it has corrupt video files in there. The only way to remove these is to restore.

7. jerni

jerni Member
    Bronze

I appreciate and don't like your answer :mad:. Well if I'm going to have to go that route I will go ahead and jailbreak while I'm at it. Now to the jailbreak sections *sigh