I hate this black, I want white!

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by nikkisixx102, Sep 29, 2012.

1. nikkisixx102

nikkisixx102 Android Killer
    Bronze

I'll just post pictures.

First day I got the 5. Loved how light it was, but I knew it need protection. Bought a case
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348972795.391424.jpg

Took it out of the case to examine it a week later:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348972836.399421.jpg

I don't know if you can see, but here's the new, innovative slate bezel after a weeks, incase use. Absolutely ridiculous for a company that claims they make the best products. If the paint on my Camaro started peeling after a week because I was driving it everyday, I would be pissed. This is no different. I don't carry anything in my pocket with my phone.

Been calling the Apple stores around me and they've been sold out, duh! Went there today at opening and no 64 white ones. Called Apple and was told I either had to go to a store with inventory or I could send mine and they would overnight one. Well, that's at most 2 days and our SIM cards don't fit in our old 4s's. I guess I'm the fool since I preorder and trusted Apple, instead of waiting and seeing for myself.

I drive with a Apple logo on the side of my car everyday. I don't own stock, I don't work there, I just loved the company. I think someone there is making an awful lot of mistakes...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348973191.282312.jpg

2. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i would rather have the black one who cares about a few minor scratches. it's better than looking at thoes god awful 4x6 bars on the white version. i know there still on the black ones too but atleast it's much harder to see.

3. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Apple will send you a replacement, they'll put a hold on your credit card incase they don't receive your iPhone, all you have to do is when the ups/FedEx guy gets there you put your phone inside the return box provided by Apple and off it goes. That's how they have always done it.

4. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Ouch. I was wondering how the black would fare using those slide on cases.

Nice car by the way!

5. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I have the CandyShell by speck and anyone that has ever owned one can tell you how hard it is to pull the phone out. I've done it 3 times already to see how it tests with the rubbing against the plastic. Perfectly fine.

6. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

Yeah not a lot of people realize this but cases themselves do scratch phones. What it is is the inside of the case rubbing on the phone. Every cased phone I have have scratches on them because of the case. The white will scratch with a case too, it won't be as obvious but it'll be a darker or lighter shade just like the sides of my iPhone 4 had scratches because of the Apple bumper case. Btw sick color on the maro, I used to have a trans am, they should bring those back.

7. nikkisixx102

Bronze

It's not a slider. It's pretty much a bumper with a clear back. I bought it at bestbuy. I said incase in my first post, but I don't believe that's the brand. I meant in-case. The companies kind of dumb to only put their name on the package and receipt, not the case.

I know they are minor, but in a year when I can't upgrade bc I'm Ina contract, countless scratches will piss me off. I will want a new one... Cough cough. Apples plan? :p. just kidding! Don't knock on me for that. I just wish they would have perfected black(or "slate") coloring before applying it to their products.

8. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

I've had a couple and yeah they are hard to get off. Glad your phone is in good shape still.

9. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

Sucks that Apple won't switch it for the white you will have to return and get your money back then order a white one.

10. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I'm starting to think everyody is paraonid.

Let's face it...for a black 16GB phone it's $200. Not the end of the world if there are a few scratches and when you resell it you get $300+.

Enjoy your phone.

Only thing I ask for is to start out pristine. What happens after that is part of the aging process. lol

11. nikkisixx102

Bronze

In a week? It's called being paranoid to have scratches on a 400$ product in a week? I don't think they'll help the resale value too much

12. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

I fully understand. This is an OCD issue I have too. On my wife's white phone the same area scratches, mares etc very easily too. Given this area is silver it is harder to see but in the correct lighting it is noticeable.
    The scratches happened in the first 24 hrs and I only placed in my pocket, gave it to AT&T to transfer BB contacts.
    Too bad the perfect finish has no resiliency at all. A clear coat would seem a good idea.

I bought to bumpers and Zagg max protect and hopes this helps.

I also bought AppleCare+. But based on my 4S heating up issue they have done nothing and told me its me.

13. JackRouach

JackRouach Member
    Bronze

Well look at the positive now if u drop your phone u can just say it came like that and get it replaced lol plus the white scratches as easy and u can see they say its less visible but still there. I swore my iPhone was mint but I saw a little dent that I personally think happen when it fell of my bed but Apple switched it with a new one

14. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

15. nikkisixx102

Bronze

I guess it's good to know that white does the same. I'm really just being annoying. My girlfriend talked me into the black one because she wanted white, and as an Apple guy, I should have gone with what I wanted. Oh well, it still works wonderfully!

16. JackRouach

JackRouach Member
    Bronze

Trust me the black is nicer overall its a better experience watching video plus it looks way slimmer and sexy lol be happy u can always get the white iPhone 5s when it comes next year hehe

17. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I was just at the Apple store to pick up an extra cable. I went over to look at the iPhone displays and every unit was scuffed (black ones). I didn't see any white ones on display. I happened to order a white one because my previous iPhones were all black. I realize scuffs can occur on the white ones but I am really surprised after one week on display these phones seem pretty beaten up.

18. JackRouach

JackRouach Member
    Bronze

yes but remember people treat those displays like hell specially stuffing it in and out the charging docks depends on Apple store the one near me have then sitting in docks

19. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Sorry for going off topic, but you're a dude? lol Is Nikki your gf?

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Isn't Nikki Sixx a dude - the former bass guitarist for Motley Crue?