I have a baaaad feeling...

iSpend

Bronze
Jan 11, 2008
So I have a jailbroken phone, works fine no freezes or anything big. But I recently started adding appstore apps, I have about 63 at this point. I'm noticing two odd things though:

1) my phone won't charge, when it's off. Wth?

2) when I restart my phone (or power it on) it takes a while to get to the home screen. I stare at the Apple for about 2 minutes. This scares me crapless, because when my old phone did this it ultimately froze. After a while of watching the Apple, the scrolling circle would pop up, and that's all bad.

So is the long start up, a normal con to having so many apps? I'm not even close to full capacity, and I can't imagine that everyone has this problem. But maybe I'm wrong. As far as the charging...I don't know what to think.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
My iPhone does the same bro;)
-It takes a bit over 2 minutes to start up your not the only one. When I did a fresh update to 2.2 with a restore the iPhone would take about 30 seconds to come on but as I started added a lot of system related apps from Cydia and the 4 other full pages of games, music, and Finance related apps my phone would gradually take longer and longer to turn on...

I don't know what to say about the problem of not being able to charge it when its off...Now that I think about it, Ive never been able to charge my iPhone when its turned OFF cause usually when it off-which is rarely- the phone would turn itself back on when the USB charger is plugged in

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
the long start up time is normal like project said. From what i hear this phone doesn't charge when it's off.

iSpend

Bronze
Jan 11, 2008
Alright, so the slow start up it normal? Cool, I don't have to be hella paranoid each time. As far as the charging goes, this is my second phone. The first one had no problem charging when it was off...but now that I think about it, maybe I just never paid attention?

Project, usually if my phone is off and I plug it in, yeah it come on automatically. But like at times, I want it to charge quicker, so I'm thinking I'll turn the phone off completely. Cix, you might be right though. Maybe it doesn't charge when it's off. But then, that doesn't seem right either. I dunno. I'm just glad the slow start up isn't an issue.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
As you've seen, it's not like a normal cell phone, it must be at least sleeping to be charged. But for charging speed, I haven't been able to tell what's faster, plugging it in to a USB port on a computer or using the wall charger but in either case, having the phone in normal sleep mode will let it charge faster than if you were using it. That's about as fast as you can get.

iSpend

Bronze
Jan 11, 2008
Well it charges as long as it's plugged in. Even when it's in a cradle and playing the iPod, it charges. What I've found though, is that it seems to go faster when it's plugged into the wall, and it's in sleep mode.

Thanks for the help guys

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
It doesn't charge while its off, and I don't see why you would need to do that because it charges pretty fast even when its on.

The slow load up is normal. It sucks though.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If you plug the phone in to a power source while it's turned off, it will boot, and then begin charging once it is on.