I have a jailbroke Touch....

catagory5

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
with firmware 1.1.4 on it. I would like to update it to the latest firmware and then re jailbreak. I originally used ZiPhone to jailbreak. How do I go about taking off the jailbreak updating then re jailbreaking with 2.2 so I can also use the aps store?

Thanks.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You can either choose to update immediately or restore first and then update to the 2.2 firmware. From there you then can use QuickPWN to rejailbreak the 2.2 firmware.

catagory5

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Probably best to restore with iTunes I guess huh, Then hit it with QuickPWN. One more question, When I restore can I just hit the restore button or do I have to have some file downloaded to my computer first and do anything fancy. Or is it really as easy as pushing a button?

Thanks.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
iTunes will probably need to download the newest firmware if it hasn't already. This will require a few minutes depending on your connection speed. Actually, I'm not sure if Touch owners need to purchase the update, I can't remember. Either way, after downloading it then you will be able to restore.

ThunderBull4

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
Once you have paid for (or downloaded ;)) the 2.0 update which costed $10, then you can update to 2.1 or 2.2.

So you can:
-Buy it from iTunes, and then from there simply click update to 2.2
- or download it. If you download it, you have to Shift+click restore, then select the 2.0 downloaded firmware. Then once it's restored to 2.0 firmware, update on iTunes to 2.2

From there go to Quickpwn and Jailbreak your ipod. There are some step by step guides in my signature if you like.