I have a problem

chris5468

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Springfield,il
Ok so it's a long story but my friend asked to use my iPhone so I let him. And he set a passcode lock on the phone and didn't tell me just to be funny. So I was going over to my cosins house for the weekend and I wouldn't be able to get home until Monday to restore my phone. So I decided to just do a restore and sync it with his computer. It was jailbroken I had version 2.1 and I figured while I was at it that I would just do an update since the jailbrakeing made it kinda slow. When that question poped up about the backing up iPhone I clicked yes, but it stopped halfway in the middle of backing up and I waited for about 30mins and then I restarted the whole thing but this time I didn't back it up. So when everything was done I had lost everything on my phone it was if I had got a brand new one. All my contacts, pictures, email everything. But the music from his computer was on there. Now I've backed up my phone berfore and I was just wondering if when I get home will I get all my stuff back from the time I backed it up at home? Or is there no hope for me? Thanks.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
if you made a backup, restore it at your home, and be sure to "restore from a backup", and not as a new iPhone.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
You should just be able to sync once you get home. You'll lose the music currently on the phone (your cosins [sic] music), but if errything is still on your computer (contacts, music, etc..) then it should all sync back. Worse comes to worst you'll need to restore and backup. You should be fine though.

rmfnla

Bronze
I think your real problem is your choice of friends.

You lend him an expensive possession and he screws it up? Maybe you could let all the air out of his tires; that would be "funny" too.