I have a question and I need someone good with math, websites, and Pokémon—for a project

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Rafagon, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

In order to maximize Pokémon evolutions while a Lucky Egg is deployed, one must be prepared before deploying it.

I’ll use the Pidgey as an example. One must know the number of Pidgeys one has, and one must transfer x number of Pidgeys before deploying the Lucky Egg.

One should also know the duration of time of the the Evolution will take, and how much time will be left on the Lucky Egg (remember, it’s only active for 30 minutes).

These values can all be found here on the Poké Assistant.

I’ve made a spreadsheet (see below) so that I have all of this information before deploying my Lucky Egg; using the Poké Assistant website before each Evolution would waste too much time, whereas the spreadsheet I made gives me all that information at a glance.

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 2.01.40 PM.png

(thumbnail; cllick to expand, then click the arrow pointing to the upper right to view in full size)

I had to obtain the values in the columns in red using the aforementioned site and manually enter them.

Now the big question: Is there a way to view the formulas they are using on that site so that I in incorporate them into my spreadsheet and not have to rely on the website each and every time I need those values?

I clicked on the “Show Page Source" on the Develop menu of Safari, but the resulting code is too complicated for me to understand.

Any web gurus able to track down those formulas for me so I can insert them into my Numbers spreadhseet, have them calculate automatically, and not have to use the Poke Assistance page to fill these values?

I’d be greatly indebted.

#1 Rafagon, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  2. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

YOu had me up until you said Pokémon. I'm out!

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Diid you at least look at my spreadsheet? It’s quite sexy, if I do say so myself. :D

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Mods: Is it okay if I post this same question on other forums in a day or two if no one is able to offer a satisfactory answer here?

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

It is a good looking spreadsheet, however, I don't know if I can really comment on the sexiness of it without being able to see the complexity of the formulas.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Other sub-forums on eiC or other websites/forums? We don't care if you post it on other websites/forums. You could do that right now. But only one thread per topic is allowed here.

7. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Ya know, I guess the other thing I just have to ask is, what the hell are grown-@$$(am I allowed to use that term here?) adults doing playing Pokémon games?

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Grown-ass? Sure.

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I highly encourage Rafagon to go to other forums. :D

10. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

There are a lot of grown-ass adults playing Pokémon GO.

Also, chicks play more than dudes, by a wide margin.

The more worrisome issue is that I’m over 40 and using words like “chicks” and “dudes."

pokemongender.jpg

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The more worrisome issue is that you're posting about it. :D