I have a small question about JB with windows and Mac

Branman

Bronze
Sep 16, 2008
I have updated my iMac to the 10.5.6 software. I also updated my iPhone with the new 2.2.1 software. I want to jailbreak my iPhone 3g again but I don't want to mess with my iMac just to get it to work. I have a laptop that is windows vista that I can use. My question is can i jailbreak my phone with vista and still sync my phone with my imac? I never use my laptop other than at work and to program my car. Im not sure exactly how to do the right way. I really don't want to start downloading things into my iMac that I just paid 2k for ya know. Please if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post up I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and I hope this makes sense and isn't a dumb question. Im still new to the mac os and don't feel comfortable messing around with it yet. especially just to jailbreak my iPhone.

Branman

Bronze
Sep 16, 2008
anyone have a clue?

Jan 15, 2009
Anchorage, AK
No, if you jailbreak with one computer the other one won't recognize it. So if you want to sync with your mac, your iPhone has to be jailbroken with THAT computer, otherwise it won't recognize it. You can try to sync through your laptop I guess?

Jan 15, 2009
Anchorage, AK
I also have a quick question, I'm gonna jailbreak my iPhone 3G for the first time ever, and I have version 2.2 but I'm gonna upgrade soon. So my question is, is there any risks? Does it mess up your phone in any way? Or void your warranty? Thanks =)