I have a sprint contract...any help on getting out of it?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Mar 7, 2007
I currently have a contract with Sprint that i've had for awhile and im not happy with their service at all, which is a major reason why i want to get out of it and get a new contract with Cingular.

Any ideas on how i could possibly get out of the contract with sprint to get an iPhone and KEEP my number? if there is a way i could cancell it without paying a termination fee that would be great :cool:

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I currently have a contract with Sprint that i've had for awhile and im not happy with their service at all, which is a major reason why i want to get out of it and get a new contract with Cingular.

Any ideas on how i could possibly get out of the contract with sprint to get an iPhone and KEEP my number? if there is a way i could cancell it without paying a termination fee that would be great :cool:

I'm not a contract expert but there are several sites out there aimed at linking folks who want to get out of their contract with folks who are looking for a contract. You could try one of those. That's what I plan on doing. But I'm not sure about keeping your number.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
How long is left on your contract? If you only have a couple months left you'd be better just to wait it out. However, if you have a longer contract, even Consumer Reports recommends sometimes paying the piper to get out is better than staying on your current contract and paying a lot more for crap service.

By law you have a right to your number.... you pay FCC fees for that. If you pay the early termination fee, you should be out with no other stipulations but some companies may charge you a "porting" fee to change your number although you may want to ask Cingular if they'll cover the cost on that one.

More on keeping your number...

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT

Thanks
I posted this a while ago and it tells you how to get out of your contract.

Also, I went to Cingular and asked them if I could keep my phone number. They said to get a Cingular contract FIRST and they will take that number. Then after that you should cancel with whoever you have. I am guessing this is the way to do it because if you cancel your contract with whoever they can give that number out to anyone once you cancel.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I posted this a while ago and it tells you how to get out of your contract.

Also, I went to Cingular and asked them if I could keep my phone number. They said to get a Cingular contract FIRST and they will take that number. Then after that you should cancel with whoever you have. I am guessing this is the way to do it because if you cancel your contract with whoever they can give that number out to anyone once you cancel.

Hope this helps.
That makes a lot of sense. IF you let your sprint number go, it immediately goes into the hopper for assignment to a new sprint customer.

Last edited by a moderator: