I have an old eMac? Does anyone know of any problems I'll have with the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 13, 2007
Hi to all. I 've got a PC that I use for my major computing needs, but I also have a 1st-gen eMac with a 700Mhz G4 processor and 384 MB of RAM. I have upgraded the internal drive to DVD-RW and I will soon put 10.4 Tiger on it. It has built-in Firewire but no USB 2.0. I thought about making the iPhone sync with the iTunes Library on this machine once I got the iPhone and upgraded to Tiger. Can anyone think of any problems I might have with doing that?

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Not having USB 2.0 will be very slow with syncing...

With Apple's latest iterations of iPod, they've dropped support for FireWire; whether that will also include the iPhone has yet to be determined but it's a pretty good bet.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Not having USB 2.0 will be very slow with syncing...

With Apple's latest iterations of iPod, they've dropped support for FireWire; whether that will also include the iPhone has yet to be determined but it's a pretty good bet.
Are you sure they've dropped support for Firewire? I don't think that's right.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Are you sure they've dropped support for Firewire? I don't think that's right.
True statement! when I got my 80 Gig video I had the dock connected firewire and couldn't get it to sync at all. I called Apple and they told me I had to switch it to USB to get it to sync. I bet it will be the exact same with the iPhone.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
True statement! when I got my 80 Gig video I had the dock connected firewire and couldn't get it to sync at all. I called Apple and they told me I had to switch it to USB to get it to sync. I bet it will be the exact same with the iPhone.
Ewe! Say it isn't so! Thanks for the insight. :)