I have been converted!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
This is great. You won't regret it. I was a windows user for many years and have to admit that the phone and this forum got me to switch. Will never go back.
I hope you got your student discount on the mac. If so, that will more that pay for Work. Actually I believe you have to buy a suite that has work in it. Seems like it is $150.
Enjoy the Mac. Once you get familiar with it you will love it.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Congratulations. Did you get the new model?

And before you buy office for mac, try the aqua beta of open office (it's free).

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I finally bought a macbook! I'm so excited! Now all I need is microsoft word for mac... :)
Ahhh another Apple customer won over. Gotta love it. I've moved my entire family and many friends to Macs and a few to iPhones too. It's awesome.

ok... so i want to sync my phone with my new mac but i will lose all my apps i paid for... i used a memory stick to transfer all my songs but i don't know if theres a way to get my apps on my mac... if there is any way let me know thanks

ok nevermind i figured out how to do it... :)

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
ok... so i want to sync my phone with my new mac but i will lose all my apps i paid for... i used a memory stick to transfer all my songs but i don't know if theres a way to get my apps on my mac... if there is any way let me know thanks
I just got the new macbook yesterday and transferred everything from my old macbook tonight. It will just ask you if you want to authorize the new computer to transfer the apps and once you enter your iTunes account it will transfer all the apps to your new macbook. You can authorize
your apps to transfer to up to 5 computers.

lensam

Bronze
Mar 8, 2008
Bridgeport, CT
Cmon we don't want to know about file transfers and stuff. We want to know what the new Mac is like. Lets hear about it!

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Cmon we don't want to know about file transfers and stuff. We want to know what the new Mac is like. Lets hear about it!
Excellent build quality. Absolutely destroys the plastic macbook in that department. Trackpad is optimal for sliding your finger across it. I compared it to my white macbook and the macbook air and it is far superior, its like night and day. The friction like they say was tested until the surface resistance was perfect. It is harder to click, you must press harder and you will really hear a loud click when you press the trackpad button. Still getting used to the multitouch navigation but naturally being a iPhone owner I definitely love this feature. I was running tiger on my old white macbook so I am noticing some nice touches on the new 10.5 OSX. It is a tad thinner than my white macbook but not much almost 2mm but as with the iPhone 3G the beveled curved edges make it appear thinner than it is.

It was between this and the macbook air but once I found out there was no ethernet built in the macbook air combined with the no dvd drive & only 1 usb input it was hard for me to side with the macbook air. Then using the trackpad side to side kinda sealed the deal(along with the no ethernet) for me. The trackpad on the new macbook is just way nicer to slide your finger across its not even funny. It really has the optimal resistance for navigation.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Congratulations. Did you get the new model?

And before you buy office for mac, try the aqua beta of open office (it's free).
I'd agree with that. I was a longtime openoffice user when I was on windows and on Linux, then when I switched to mac there wasn't a good version for it so I just bought word. Didn't know there was a good mac version out now, I'll have to give it a shot!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Congratulations! I got mine in May and I am so use to it that the PC is awkward to me now. I got a new job so I have no choice but to use the PC during the day and I keep telling my co-workers "this really does suck:p"!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I bet they all have flip phones too.:p
LOL-actually they are all Blackberry fans, but I do see there jealous looks over my shoulder when I check my iPhone for messages!:laugh2:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Congrats on the switch Rels! You will definitely enjoy it. I just started messing around today with switching up the dock icons and such. It's really fun stuff.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It is actually a lot easier than I expected.

I'm trying a Halloweeny thing now.

I started out here and there are links to 3 different sites with a TON of icons you can choose from. It's really cool. I know Lincoln belongs to another forum related to this (his name is Link on there) but I can't seem to find the site. I'll post up as soon as I do. That forum has a ton of theming information and really cool icons as well.

Found it!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Wow, that's cool, I had no idea you could do that. I change my iPhone theme so much that I guess my new project is to change around my Macbook icons.