I have just spotted an iPhone 6 bug

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by zsuki, Oct 11, 2014.

1. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

I uploaded it on YouTube. Please check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

#1 zsuki, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

:eek:WTH! That looked freaky!O_o Nope, don't like it at all!

Did you do a hard reset to see if that stopped happening and it starts functioning normally? If not, try it and see if that stops. If it doesn't stop, call Apple or even make a Genius Appointment and or go to the Apple web site and report this Bug immediately. The more they know, the faster they can address it.

Thanks for sharing this.

3. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

Thanks for replying. A reboot will kill this bug but it will appear again perhaps a day later. I've already filed a bug repot to apple and they said they are dealing with it. They ask me how did this happen but I can't tell them what triggered this.

Sent from Tapatalk

4. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Okay Good, Apple knows. It's unfortunate you can't recall the steps that lead to that, but it looks like a naturally occurring bug that you had no control over. I don't think you did a thing to cause that reaction.

Apple has a lot to work on. I hope there is an update soon full of bug fixes.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Haven't experienced this bug.

6. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I can't make out what it is doing. What is the bug?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You can't see the home screen jump up out of place? That's not normal.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

That's not a bug, that's Reachability.

If you're referring to the anomaly at the 0:07 mark, there's a brief artifact that appears on the video, but this was a glitch that occured during the encoding of the video, not an iPhone bug.

Its purpose is to bring the top of the screen closer to the bottom, in an effort to compensate for certain humans' having shorter fingers that don't comfortably reach every corner of the screen of the iPhone 6, and especially the iPhone 6 Plus for obvious reasons.

9. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Yeah. I watched the video and that is not a bug. As Rafagon pointed out, that is a feature called Reachability. You double press the home button and it lets you get to apps at the top of the screen. The purpose is to make it more accessible for people that use their phone one-handed or just have small hands. It can be disabled in Accessibility settings.

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Not even press. You tap the home button twice. As for me I don't use reachability but it's annoying when it accidently happens.

11. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks. It should be tap instead of press.

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The unnecessary triggering of it became a nuisance. I promptly disabled it. I didn't need the theatrics. :D

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I forgot you can disable it. Thanks for that. :)

14. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Reachability isn't the complaint here it's that half the icons go above the top of the screen and out of view when he double taps to slide the icons back up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I've never had that happen or heard that issue. Hmm!

16. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I use reachability all the time and have never seen that. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

17. shark5150

shark5150 New Member

Yes, it IS a bug. Watch the video. The screen jumps upwards off the page. Everyone knows about reach ability function here. It's what happens when the screen pops back upwards.

18. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I watched the video again. All I can see is that when he double taps the home button, the screen jumps up and down. He is repeatedly tapping the button. Isn't that normal for the screen to go back and forth?

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What you see in his video is not normal. It's a bug or a glitch, but I'm leaning towards glitch. If it's a glitch, a reboot should fix it.

With Reachabilty, you will see a full page of icons shift down to where only the top half of icons is now visible. It makes it easier to reach the top half. After tapping one of the apps or double-tapping the home button again, the page will shift back up into normal view.

In the glitch video, what you see is the top two or three rows going up too high and off the screen to where they are out of view after Reachability is stopped.

20. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

He did mention that a reboot fixed it and that the bug was reported to Apple. If it's a glitch, it's going to come back. I've disabled Reachability on my 6 as I found it not that great of a feature if you don't use the phone one-handed. IMO, Reachability serves the Plus users.