I have managed to destroy my iPhone

noodle25

Sep 1, 2008
It all started when I attempted to get the installer to work, after which I managed to restore the iPhone to its factory settings (bad idea number 1), and then this has led to my iPhone only displaying (after startup, which included the Apple screen logo) iTunes logo and a usb cable directed towards it (the usb cable is shaped like the end that plugs into the computer). When plugged in the error I get is: "iTunes could not sync ^0 to the iPhone "^filename" because an error occurred while pushing data from the iPhone" Not only this, but I can not access the window/tab to restore the iPhone.

Please someone help me with this. I only got this as a gift from my mother (who got it on holiday) two days ago and have already screwed it up.

Also it tends to reboot itself every now and again but with the same results.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Have you tried putting it in DFU mode (connect to computer, hold sleep and home button for 10 seconds, then release sleep button and wait for iTunes to prompt you to restore)? Usually that will get you out of most jams.

noodle25

Sep 1, 2008
Yes, I have tried all the holding combinations (just incase I was doing it wrong).
Also I did not mention that in iTunes under devices it says: "sending workout data to nikeplus.com..."

I need to fix this or my mum will kill me :( It cost so much and I'm a terrible child :(

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Not familiar with that Nike device but it sounds like iTunes thinks it's talking to something other than the iPhone. Is there anything else connected to the computer besides the phone?

noodle25

Sep 1, 2008
nothing at all aside from the charger

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
What version of iTunes? I'd be hesitant to tell you to reinstall or uninstall something but you may need to reinstall iTunes or upgrade it or see if there is some kind of software associated with the Nike+ device and uninstall or reinstall it.

noodle25

Sep 1, 2008
The iTunes version is 7.7.1.11

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
That's the latest.

See if there is a way to have iTunes not attempt to update the iPhone with data from Nike+. It sounds like iTunes is automatically attempting to sync workout data with the Nike+ device or website. If you can figure out how to turn that off, it may let iTunes restore your phone.

noodle25

Sep 1, 2008
thats what I am trying to do write now - but there seems to be no option. My laptop is not even picking up that there is an iPhone connected

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Probably because your phone is not "all there" yet. If you shut down iTunes, then put the phone in DFU mode while connected to the computer, does iTunes start up and ask you about restoring the phone?

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
Did you try perhaps connecting it to a different computer? Not sure if that will help, but it might.

noodle25

Sep 1, 2008
At the moment I only have access to one computer/laptop =\

noodle25

Sep 1, 2008
Unlocking

It all started when I attempted to get the installer to work, after which I managed to restore the iPhone to its factory settings (bad idea number 1), and then this has led to my iPhone only displaying (after startup, which included the Apple screen logo) iTunes logo and a usb cable directed towards it (the usb cable is shaped like the end that plugs into the computer). When plugged in the error I get is: "iTunes could not sync ^0 to the iPhone "^filename" because an error occurred while pushing data from the iPhone" Not only this, but I can not access the window/tab to restore the iPhone.

Please someone help me with this. I only got this as a gift from my mother (who got it on holiday) two days ago and have already screwed it up.

Also it tends to reboot itself every now and again but with the same results.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
I have now moved on from this problem. I managed to fix the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes and Apples devices. Currently I am restoring the iPhone. after this I need to lock and activate it. (this phone came to me unlocked) So now I need to know how to go about this. Any suggestions? I do have ZiPhone, however whenever I use it it seems to get stuch at "rebooting phone in recovery mode"