I Have Most of My Tweaks Working on iOS 7.1 Beta 3

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Your mileage may vary, but I found a method of getting almost all of my jailbreak apps and tweaks working on beta 3. It takes a little legerdemain, but I've confirmed that it does work. It begins with installing Iconoclasm and iconsupport (to obtain iconsupport, you must have developer level access to Cydia or download iconsupport from here).

Follow mymonkeyballs' (I don't make these user names up, folks) procedure here. I found that not only did it enable Iconoclasm, but several other formerly non-working apps and tweaks were working again.

Here is a list of Cydia apps and tweaks I have currently installed and working on my 5s on iOS 7 Beta 3 (I will update as I add apps/tweaks):
    Action Menu
    Activator
    Alkaline
    Barrel (You need to spoof 7.0.4 to purchase, then switch back to spoofing 7.1)
    Bigify+
    BiteSMS
    Bloard
    CallBar (still needs an update to allow landscape orientation while on a call)
    CustomLS
    DisplayRecorder
    FolderCloser
    HiddenSettings7
    iCleaner Pro (I needed this as part of the solution. Ironic, huh?)
    Iconoclasm
    iFile
    Infinidock
    Nitrous
    Messages Customiser
    NoAnnoyance
    NoPageDots7
    PredictiveKeyboard
    QuickClear
    StatusBarFix2
    StatusModifier
    SwipeSelection
    SwipeSelection Pro (You need to spoof 7.0.4 to purchase, then switch back to spoofing 7.1)
    SwitchSpring
    TinyBar
    VideoPane (You need to spoof 7.0.4 to purchase, then switch back to spoofing 7.1)(Also disable Netflix in VideoPane's list of apps in settings)

Still not working:
    MultiIconMover
    DockShift
    BlurredMusicApp

Though I'm letting folks more knowledgeable than I test this next modification, I've followed the procedure here to (hopefully) disable the beta 3 expiration date. However, if you're the adventurous type, the procedure for getting the apps and tweaks working does work.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

What do you see as the advantage of having Beta 3 as your long-term iOS version with your JB? Does it have fixes or changes that are important going forward?

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Give me a little time with beta 3, but I expect fewer crashes and smoother operation according to reports I've read.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

We're assuming Apple will patch the jailbreak by the 7.1 GM. The beta expiration date can be changed by the user in iFile. So, it's possible you could run 7.1 beta 3 indefinitely and jailbroken, which would be better than being stock on 7.1 or having to remain on 7.0.4 to keep the jailbreak.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

That's the plan for now. The rubber will meet the road when beta 2 expires and we get reports from those folks running that as far as expiration.

#5 Napoleon PhoneApart, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'd like to thank Kadelic for pointing out that I had put "iOS 7 Beta 3" in my thread title instead of "iOS 7.1 Beta 3." Sorry if that confused anybody.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Beta 1 expires in the next day or two, so the early results of the expiration date hack will be in then.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Early reports on the expiration date hack for beta 1 are good.

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Couldn't buy Barrel with my SystemVersion.plist set to 7.1, so I set it back to 7.0.4 and purchased it. Once installed, I set the plist back to 7.1 and Barrel works perfectly.

10. TomKlyn

TomKlyn Member
    Bronze

now i see this post im going back to beta 3 it just has a better feel then 7.0.4

11. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Just to add to the list of working tweaks :
    CleverPin
    ClipShot
    Dock
    HapticPro
    iKeywi
    iMusicShareCC
    iWebBoost
    Pluck 2
    PwnTunes
    Secretary
    MultiIconMover+(The free version of MultiIconMover has been updated and I assume works...?)
    Multitasking Gestures

#11 fijiman, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  12. Michaelmyers92@ymail.con

Those of you looking for a Dockshift replacement on beta 3 "TransparentDock" works great.:)