I Have Most of My Tweaks Working on iOS 7.1 Beta 3

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Your mileage may vary, but I found a method of getting almost all of my jailbreak apps and tweaks working on beta 3. It takes a little legerdemain, but I've confirmed that it does work. It begins with installing Iconoclasm and iconsupport (to obtain iconsupport, you must have developer level access to Cydia or download iconsupport from here).

Follow mymonkeyballs' (I don't make these user names up, folks) procedure here. I found that not only did it enable Iconoclasm, but several other formerly non-working apps and tweaks were working again.

Here is a list of Cydia apps and tweaks I have currently installed and working on my 5s on iOS 7 Beta 3 (I will update as I add apps/tweaks):
Action Menu
Activator
Alkaline
Barrel (You need to spoof 7.0.4 to purchase, then switch back to spoofing 7.1)
Bigify+
BiteSMS
Bloard
CallBar (still needs an update to allow landscape orientation while on a call)
CustomLS
DisplayRecorder
FolderCloser
HiddenSettings7
iCleaner Pro (I needed this as part of the solution. Ironic, huh?)
Iconoclasm
iFile
Infinidock
Nitrous
Messages Customiser
NoAnnoyance
NoPageDots7
PredictiveKeyboard
QuickClear
StatusBarFix2
StatusModifier
SwipeSelection
SwipeSelection Pro (You need to spoof 7.0.4 to purchase, then switch back to spoofing 7.1)
SwitchSpring
TinyBar
VideoPane (You need to spoof 7.0.4 to purchase, then switch back to spoofing 7.1)(Also disable Netflix in VideoPane's list of apps in settings)

Still not working:
MultiIconMover
DockShift
BlurredMusicApp

Though I'm letting folks more knowledgeable than I test this next modification, I've followed the procedure here to (hopefully) disable the beta 3 expiration date. However, if you're the adventurous type, the procedure for getting the apps and tweaks working does work.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What do you see as the advantage of having Beta 3 as your long-term iOS version with your JB? Does it have fixes or changes that are important going forward?
We're assuming Apple will patch the jailbreak by the 7.1 GM. The beta expiration date can be changed by the user in iFile. So, it's possible you could run 7.1 beta 3 indefinitely and jailbroken, which would be better than being stock on 7.1 or having to remain on 7.0.4 to keep the jailbreak.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
We're assuming Apple will patch the jailbreak by the 7.1 GM. The beta expiration date can be changed. So, it's possible you could run 7.1 beta 3 indefinitely and jailbroken, which would be better than being stock on 7.1 or having to remain on 7.0.4 to keep the jailbreak.
That's the plan for now. The rubber will meet the road when beta 2 expires and we get reports from those folks running that as far as expiration.

Last edited:

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
Just to add to the list of working tweaks :
CleverPin
ClipShot
Dock
HapticPro
iKeywi
iMusicShareCC
iWebBoost
Pluck 2
PwnTunes
Secretary
MultiIconMover+(The free version of MultiIconMover has been updated and I assume works...?)
Multitasking Gestures

Last edited: