I have to admit

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I was one of those people that thought pay $100 for a pair of headphones was crazy. I went to the Apple store and I was ready to buy some cheapy chappy Sony headphones for $60. I asked the Apple guy if the came with the mic and fortunatly they did'nt. Because he told me that if I an willing to pay $60 for regular headphones I might as well add moee and get the Vmoda, so I did. I couldn't be happier. Just a word of advice for the people that were like me and don't really want to pay $100 for headphones, save your money and get them. Because you will not regret it!:laugh2:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, the Vmodas are totally worth it. They do tangle up on me quite easily, though. Minor inconvenience.

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
The little pouch that it comes with is like a condom for your headphones. You put it in and know that it will be safe.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I was one of those people that thought pay $100 for a pair of headphones was crazy. I went to the Apple store and I was ready to buy some cheapy chappy Sony headphones for $60. I asked the Apple guy if the came with the mic and fortunatly they did'nt. Because he told me that if I an willing to pay $60 for regular headphones I might as well add moee and get the Vmoda, so I did. I couldn't be happier. Just a word of advice for the people that were like me and don't really want to pay $100 for headphones, save your money and get them. Because you will not regret it!:laugh2:
I just do not agree. A hundred bucks for those piece of crap buds? Yes, Apple's were even worse but at least there are not removeable pieces to missplace or fall off of (there are already posts about this here) and the quality sucks compared to a real set of headphones (not buds).

Yes they might sound better even if there are NO OTHER CHOICES but that does not validate such a ripp off. WAAAAY over priced!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
to each his own, obviously. I personally could not even listen to music with the Apple headphones, as they caused me severe ear-pains.

as for losing the ear fittings, that has not been an issue for me at all, and i've been using these just about every day since october. The fact of the matter is any earbud-style headphone must have removable fittings to ensure a proper fit in a wide-range of ear sizes. AND they come with TWO SETS OF EVERY SIZE fitting. That point, imo, is moot.

not to mention the fully-functional mic and button, which very few manufacturers have even attempted to address.

DavidB

Sep 26, 2007
I agree...I love mine. Haven't lost any earpieces, they don't get all clogged up with disgusting ear wax like my old Shures did (and yes...I clean my ears), and I think they sound great.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I don't mind paying money for a good product. I had Shure E5s and those are top dollar however they recently went out on me and Im looking for ones that work specifically with the iPhone.
One question, do these actually stay in your ear when working out?

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
its kind of like chosing a dell over a mac. Just put the extra and be happy with your purchase just my thought. (I'm a mac fan)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
ok fine I'm wrong... Just sounded a little expensive
there's nothing "wrong" with that at all. just different perspectives. I'm sure you spend money on things i would never buy.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I already had a pair of Bose Triport earbuds which I love dearly, but not having the clickable microphone really got annoying. I decided to give the Vibe Duos a try and I am quite satisfied with them. While they don't have quite the same sound quality as the Bose ones, they're still worth the money for the convenience of it all. For times when I don't require a small earbud, I just use my Quiet Comforts. Those are worth their weight in gold.

raguilar

Sep 18, 2007
I agree with you on the head phones. I did not think that I could ever spend $100 on headphones. The only reason that I did was because I got the rebate for my wifes iPhone and mine. I ended getting the V-Moda Vibe Duo and my wife got the Bang & Olufsen ones. I have never liked the earbuds but I must say that the V-modas do not bother my ears at all. The sound quality is really good. I got my son a pair of SkullCandy ear buds that were half the price and they do not sound nearly as good as the V-moda Vibe Duos ones.

Ron

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I don't mind paying money for a good product. I had Shure E5s and those are top dollar however they recently went out on me and Im looking for ones that work specifically with the iPhone.
One question, do these actually stay in your ear when working out?
The new line of Shure headphones do work with the iPhone as in they don't need any attachments. No mic or anything but they fit perfectly. $170 is steep, but I think they are more than worht it. I love my pair.

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
To answer a question a few post ago, yes they do stay in while working out. I run at least 3 miles a day, and I have been using them since october. They stay in my ears great. The only issue that I have is that the mic sometimes gets annoying while running. The mic was a must have for me as an iPhone user though. I would purchase them again.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
If anyone is interested, I am selling my V-Moda's. I thought they would be better in the bass category but they aren't. One thing, the little mesh grille or whatever you call it in the ear bud fell out. Don't know what happened to them. The sound to me is the same. I do have the carry case for the headphones. Anybody who is interested let me know!

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
I tend to believe you get what you pay for in most cases.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
If anyone is interested, I am selling my V-Moda's. I thought they would be better in the bass category but they aren't. One thing, the little mesh grille or whatever you call it in the ear bud fell out. Don't know what happened to them. The sound to me is the same. I do have the carry case for the headphones. Anybody who is interested let me know!
If you are spending Anything over 50 bucks for fully iPhone compatible headphones, make sure that you do the following: 3-6 hours burn in time.
Burn in time is when you plug the headphones into a constant source of music or simple audio and set the volume at about half and let them go.
I recently bought the Maximo iP-HS2 headphones and initially, they sounded like an AM radio station was playing through them. After 3 hours of burn in, they sounded full and rich. I personally would recommend the Maximo's over the V-Moda's because: 1) on the spec sheets, they are all but identical, 2) they have a rich well rounded sound that you can alter to your needs with the EQ, 3) they match the iPhone, and finally 4)the price point is about 40 - 60 dollars less than the V-Modas. I found mine on Amazon for 53. and change new.
I have a review over on Macgirl's site - http://www.macgirl.net/reviews/reviews/maximoiphs2.html

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
good review. If I didn't already have the duos, I'd try those out.