I have to format my computer. Any way to backup contacts/calendar?

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
So I have to format my computer after getting a nasty virus, but my iPhone is synced to iTunes on this computer. When I format and reinstall iTunes and plug in my iPhone, I know it will delete everything on my iPhone, but is there any way to save my contacts and calendar info? Is there any way to back up my iPhone backup files? Thank you for any help with this issue.

Jeffois

Bronze
Jun 5, 2008
No ideas? :(
I'm assuming it isn't a Mac, due to the "nasty virus," but if it is, both iCal and Address Book make it easy.

Which OS? Which version? If it's a PC, I don't know diddly, but there will surely be people on this board who can if they have the particulars...

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
It is a Vista PC. The computer is in a semi-usable state, so I may be able to re-sync the data somehow, but is there any other way of getting my contacts/calendar info off of the iPhone?

Jeffois

Bronze
Jun 5, 2008
It is a Vista PC. The computer is in a semi-usable state, so I may be able to re-sync the data somehow, but is there any other way of getting my contacts/calendar info off of the iPhone?
I have an idea---don't know if this works for you....but if you have MobilMe working, and you've synced, would you then be good to go?