I have to toot my own horn, just a little...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
ok, so I have to brag a little. I was playing my phone through my car stereo on the way home and actally fogot to take it out of the car when I got home.
4.5 hours it sat in the car playing ( so glad no one stole it).
I am so pleased with my battery life right now its sick. 7hours 14 minutes usage, 17 minutes talk time, 8.5MB Edge download, and 17 hours standby- and I still have 2/3rds battery left!
this is my 5th phone because battery life was so crappy with the first 4. I'm sitting outside right now on my WiFi connection smoking a cigarette, and just happened to check my stats. I reset my usage every morning when I pull my phone off the charger. I reboot every 2-3 days.

Damn, I love my iPhone!

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
dude.... how in the hell can you leave your iPhone in your car for almost 5 hours? I would realize that I forgot my phone like 0.5 seconds after I leave it and go get it immediately. the only time its not by my side is whenever its on the charger. lol

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
That kind of battery life will make all of is og iPhone owners feel pretty good come Monday when 3g proves to be the battery drain so many have said it would.

slipperypete

Bronze
May 20, 2007
WOW, great battery life. I am on my 4th iPhone for battery life and no way near those numbers. I might get 5 hours of usage time and 17 hours standby

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
All I can say is charge often and reboot every 2-3 days. Music is what extended my usage to 7 hours with 2/3rds of the battery left, but I can safely say that I average probably at least 7 hours of usage total on any given day.
BUT
I have never let my battery get down past 1/3rd. EVER, I ALWAY charge it every night or every other night, and I reboot often. That seems to be the 2 key factors I never did before.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
EVER, I ALWAY charge it every night or every other night, and I reboot often. That seems to be the 2 key factors I never did before.
I think the reboot is the most overlooked item that should be done often with the phone. My daughter also has an iPhone and sometime she will say something is slow to respond or is hanging. I will ask when is the last time you did a reboot. After that things work fine. People have to remember the phone is like a mini computer, it has to be refreshed every so often.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
That's really great battery life. One of my biggest concerns when I got my iPhone was the battery life and the "300 charge cycle". Almost a year later now my battery life is still just as good as it was on day 1, so I am pleased.

May 6, 2007
United States
WOW, great battery life. I am on my 4th iPhone for battery life and no way near those numbers. I might get 5 hours of usage time and 17 hours standby
These numbers are similar to what I get. I have never switched phones, and I don't plan to, but I sometimes do wonder where the battery goes. Lately though it has seemed that the battery is working better.

Mar 25, 2007
AZ
I've found that by keeping the screen brightness down toward the bottom end the battery life is UBER long! At first it seemed like it was too dim, but I got used to it pretty quickly. I can listen to music all day at work (approx 8 hours of use), make plenty of calls (on breaks), and still not NEED to charge it every night... although I don't think it would make it through 2 days of this...
BTW, definitely agree with the need to reboot regularly.