I heart Netshare

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Best. App. Ever.

I just had to express my love for Netshare. I'm on the train and posting from my MacBook thanks to Netshare. If Apple ever disables this app, I will march right over to HQ in Cupertino and egg Steve's Mercedes into oblivion.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Best. App. Ever.

I just had to express my love for Netshare. I'm on the train and posting from my MacBook thanks to Netshare. If Apple ever disables this app, I will march right over to HQ in Cupertino and egg Steve's Mercedes into oblivion.
You guys and gals that got this app are truly blessed. I sure wish I had jumped on it when I had the chance because I doubt that it will ever come back.
IMHO Apple won't disable this. Although there are probably thousands of copies out there, it is small potatoes compared to what could have been.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Nope, it's no longer available in the App Store. I got lucky and happened to be online when it became available the 2nd time for a little while and hopped on it like a stripper on a pole covered in cash.

Steve drives a Mercedes?
He does - it's one of the high-end AMG models (a CL500, I think) in silver. And he has no plates on it since they keep getting stolen, by rabid fans presumably, and only has a barcode in its place that can be scanned by the police/DMV. And he often parks in a handicapped spot in the lot outside, never in the underground parking garage, which is where you'd expect he'd park.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Nope, it's no longer available in the App Store. I got lucky and happened to be online when it became available the 2nd time for a little while and hopped on it like a stripper on a pole covered in cash.

He does - it's one of the high-end AMG models (a CL500, I think) in silver. And he has no plates on it since they keep getting stolen, by rabid fans presumably, and only has a barcode in its place that can be scanned by the police/DMV. And he often parks in a handicapped spot in the lot outside, never in the underground parking garage, which is where you'd expect he'd park.
...stalker

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
so back on topic

is there a possibility of this app ever coming back
i have never seen it...only heard the legend

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
so back on topic

is there a possibility of this app ever coming back
i have never seen it...only heard the legend
I would be very,very,very,very surprised to see this app again. I had the chance to get it and let it slip away.:mad:

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
I scooped it up the 2nd time it popped up in the app store. I have used it a couple times and it is truly a fantastic app. It is a shame they pulled it, cause I am sure Nullriver would have already pumped out an update and would continue to make the app better and better.

Nutchos

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
I wish I'd gotten it while it was up. However, I think they'll probably release it for jailbroken iPhones soon. I know I'd be pissed if i were the developers having spent time making the software only to have it killed by cell carriers or whoever pulled it.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Ha ha I have it and you don't!

Um, but I gave up on making it work on my Windows XP machine, so it's just been a waste of money so far.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
i got it the second time it came out as well, but ive never really tried to set it up. kinda scared of any extra charges i might get.

and btw, does anyone know if it possible to play online games through this? like WoW maybe?

pawheel

Jul 24, 2008
I used it everyday for the last ten days. My home town doesn't have 3G, but it was nice having internet on my laptop while at home. I also used it in the airports coming and going.

Very nice app.

Drunken

Aug 17, 2008
You can get it if you jailbreak :7.

E: I think, i saw it there once E:.